This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

To My Lovely Sisters,

Throughout my life, I always felt as if I had a fair share of frenemies. The girls I spent time with would act kind to my face, only to call me names behind my back. I always had to worry about my friends going after the guy I was dating. Passive aggressive text messages and “subtweets” became a standard form of communication. Friendly favors or gestures were hard to come by. There were a few exceptions to this – people I could call true friends. However, when it came to a majority of the people I hung out with growing up, it seemed like every woman had to fend for herself.

This was a major reason why I decided to go through sorority recruitment. I wanted to find a close-knit group of girls I could call my best friends. I was hesitant about going through rush, of course. Just the name Panhellenic Recruitment sounded seriously intimidating, but I knew it would be worth it in the end.

With confidence, I can now say it definitely was worth it. After recruitment – a long week of rain, sweat and girl-flirting – I had finally found my home.

On bid day, I went home to the most amazing, special group of women. I ran into the arms of the sweetest, most wonderful bid day buddy. She made me feel welcomed instantly. Everyone was so genuine and acted like they truly were happy to have me there. I felt like I belonged there.

Fast forward five months later and I can say I found everything I ever wanted in a sorority. Joining my chapter was one of the best decisions I have ever made. From late-night crafting parties to 9 a.m. tailgates, you all, my sisters, have been there every step of the way.

I seriously couldn’t imagine the year without you guys. Little things like going to the gym wouldn’t have been nearly as fun without gossip sessions on the elliptical. Eating lunch and dinner would be so lonely without having my sisters with you the entire time. If I didn’t join a sorority, I wouldn’t have met some of my closest friends like my roommate. I wouldn’t have run into the arms of the most amazing Big, GBig and GGBig at Big/Little Reveal. I can easily say I have found my best friends through this sisterhood.

I know I might not be super close with every single one of you. I might not know you as well as I know my closest friends in our house or my sorority family. You simply can’t be best friends with 200+ girls. However, I still respect and care for each and every one of you. I know I can count on anyone in our chapter to lend me a cute interviewing outfit, give me advice on classes or even pig out with me at Fat Friday lunches.

The sisterhood I share with you all is seriously so special. It goes beyond just having someone to hang out with when I’m not in class. These past few months have shown me what real, mutual friendship is like. I know when I’m not around, I’m missed. If I simply don’t make it to dinner one day, I can be sure to have someone check on me to see if I’m okay. I know someone will always text me to make sure I got home safely from anywhere. When I’m sick, one of you is always willing to drive me to my doctor’s appointment and vice versa. You girls mean the absolute world to me. I would never trade the bond we all share.

More than anything, I want to thank each one of you. Thank you for showing me how real friends act. Thank you for laughing with me. Thank you for ranting with me. Thank you for keeping me sane. Thank you for lifting my spirits every single day. Thank you for listening. Thank you for caring. Thank you. I love each and every one of you.

With love,

Your Fellow Sister

Photo credits: Delta Zeta University of Florida Facebook page

Kelly is a sophomore studying telecommunications and English at UF. She is the Campus Cutie writer and couldn't be more excited for her first semester on the Her Campus UFL team! Kelly is an avid traveler, coffee lover, and Netflix junkie. She is also a member of Delta Zeta and a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. Kelly spent her summer at WWSB ABC 7 as a digital media intern. She hopes to one day produce and write for television in a city like New York or Toronto.