This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I think as students we can all agree that fall semester has a beloved place in our hearts. It starts off with a bang as everyone returns from their summer breaks and can’t wait to be united with their friends and college home. Between game days, sorority and fraternity events, homecoming week, involvement on campus starting up, along with weather that’s a bit cooler and the feel of the holiday spirit, fall is a great time to savor every moment.

By far one of the best parts of fall semester is game day. Whether your tailgate style is barbecuing and playing corn hole with friends, or partying it up at your favorite fraternity, the gator spirit is seen everywhere around Gainesville and everyone joins together in their orange and blue to get ready to cheer on the Gators. Of course, we can’t forget the actual game either! The Swamp is obviously at its best when it is packed with cheering fans and enthusiasm. Win or lose, Gator Nation is everywhere.

Another awesome part about fall semester if you are in a sorority is all the fun events that go on. From recruitment, big and little reveal, date functions, socials, philanthropies and initiation, fall semester is packed full of exciting events. Many of these events hold tradition and sentimental value to sorority members. These annual sorority traditions remind members of their love for their chapter even though many of them are targeted toward new members.

Besides the actual events that happen during fall semester, what I love the most is the feeling in the crisp air. I love the smell of pumpkin spice, I love the feeling of community as Gators join together, as well as the community feeling of families and friends joining together for high holidays and Thanksgiving. Fall is a time where there is excitement, love, hope and thanks in the air – all things we could each use a little more of in our lives.

Just a Soflo girl who loves Chipotle and dreams of life in The Big Apple