This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The newly launched Women’s Sports Network will highlight women’s sports and female athletes.

The Women’s Sports Network, which launched on Nov. 2, offers viewers 24/7 free streaming (with advertisements) of women’s sports competitions, events and documentaries. Viewers can access the network on Freevee by Amazon, Tubi by Fox Corp., FuboTV and some smart televisions.

The network will also have a daily show called, “Game On.” The studio show is hosted by sports journalist and television host Jess Lucero, former Harlem Globetrotter and influencer Crissa Jackson, sports journalist Taylor Felix and former college basketball player and sports influencer Jenna Bandy. The show will have guest appearances from athletes and sports influencers as well.

Stuart McLean, CEO of Fast Studios, who launched the Women’s Sports Network, said, “As we have seen repeatedly, women’s sports don’t get the coverage they deserve […] At the Women’s Sports Network, women’s sports are primetime, all the time. We’ve been listening to athletes, fans and our incredible league partners, and we know there is a tremendous need for a network that is committed to women’s sports coverage, storytelling and content.”

The Women’s Sports Network has partnered with the Women’s National Basketball Association, the Ladies Professional Golf Association, World Surf League, U.S. Ski and Snowboard, Women’s Football Alliance and Sports Innovation Lab to bring viewers coverage of various sports events. The network is set to have live games starting in January.

The launch of the network comes after there has been growing attention on women’s sports. According to a study by the Sports Business Journal and Ampere Analysis, out of 2,500 participants, approximately 33% (825 people) are watching more women’s sports games than they did in the past. Viewership among Gen-Z and Millennials has also increased by 39% and 29%, respectively. Despite the increased viewership, there still is plenty of the general U.S. public who do not watch or follow women’s sports.

Angela Ruggiero, a member of the Women’s Sports Network’s board of advisors, described, “There’s a pent-up demand for women’s sports, but women’s sports typically go under-invested, under-supported, under-viewed, because the ecosystem underneath it hasn’t really been built. We don’t have enough female writers. We don’t have enough female broadcasters. We don’t have enough female producers. The media ecosystem is still fairly male dominated, and women aren’t getting the ratings.”

The Women’s Sports Network seeks to fix this by exposing more of the public to women’s sports and spotlighting prominent female athletes within various sports. With free streaming on multiple platforms, the public and avid sports fans alike can view women’s sports events anytime they want from the comfort of their own home. Be sure to check out the new Women’s Sports Network for premium sports content and to support women in sports!

Shivani Shah is an editor at the Her Campus chapter at the University of Florida. She oversees articles on various topics within entertainment and culture. She also enjoys sharing important updates about the local community and the world with readers through her writing. Currently, Shivani is a microbiology and cell science student at the University of Florida. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, reading journals and magazines, drawing henna, binging shows on Netflix, and listening to music.