Natalia Barlow “BEATS” Faces

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.
For Natalia “Tisha Bee” Barlow, applying makeup is not just a hobby — it’s a profession.
The senior communicative disorders major has recently started her own company as a make-up artist called Tisha Bee.
The name Tisha Bee came from a random realization by Barlow.
“One day on Facebook I was really tired of seeing my first and last name and decided to change it to something that was still my name but more cool, and “Tisha Bee” was created,” Barlow said. “My work is a representation of who I am, so I decided to self-title my business, Tisha Bee. Some people believe that the Bee is in the name because I BEAT faces.”
Her passion for the art of applying makeup has grown over the years.
“I began freelancing in February 2011, but I’ve had this love affair with make-up since my freshman year in college,” Barlow said.
Barlow was inspired to start her company after a chance opportunity.
 “I was called upon to do a fashion show in February 2011,” she said. “I felt that I made some mistakes, but the director of the show loved how the models looked overall. That fashion show made me take my craft seriously.”
Barlow did not consider taking her hobby to a professional level until her list of future clients grew.
“It was not until someone offered to pay me to do their make-up that I actually considered this as a career,” Barlow said.
These experiences led Barlow to start Tisha Bee. She has been busy working ever since.
Barlow hopes to expand in the future. She believes that her business is truly a blessing and her ultimate goal for the company is to be successful. 
“Success doesn’t necessarily mean that I have to be rich off of my work,” she said. “Every time my hands touch my client’s face my goal is to make them happy. The satisfaction of each client is correlated to my level of success” said Barlow.
Barlow hopes to expand her company in the future. She said, “In five years, I see myself traveling around the world doing what I love to do! I’m not sure what the future holds but I’m excited to see what happens.”
For Barlow, Tisha Bee is her way of helping others see the beauty in themselves. She said, “Make-up artistry is not about the money for me. It’s about helping people see the beauty that God sees every time he looks at us.”