Must-See Films of Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

When you’re not hitting the beach or slaving away for next to nothing at your part-time job this summer, we recommend spending your free time at the theater — some of the greatest movies of the year will be playing!

So be on the lookout for these summer flicks — we’re dying to see them.

The Avengers
May 4

This action-packed super hero film is filled with all of your favorite Marvel heroes such as Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye. If you’re not a Marvel fan but love action movies, we recommend you start looking for a ticket now. This may just be the best film of the summer!

What to Expect When You’re Expecting
May 18

With a cast including Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Lopez, this chick flick is sure to draw in an audience. Based on the “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” book series by Heidi Murkoff, the film follows four couples that must learn what parenting is all about. We’re expecting lots of laughs from this one.

Snow White and the Huntsman
June 1

In this dark version of the classic Disney movie, Kristen Stewart plays a princess who is wanted dead by her evil stepmother. The dreamy Chris Hemsworth is sent to kill her, but instead helps her train to fight back. This take on the original fairy tale is sure to be a hit this summer in the box office.

Rock of Ages
June 15

Following two young lovers, this film tells of their love with the help of classic rock hits such as Joan Jett, Bon Jovi, Journey, Def Leppard, Foreigner and more. Julianne Hough, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Mary J. Blige are just a few of the highly successful stars in this film.

The Amazing Spider-Man
July 3

In this remake, the adorable Andrew Garfield plays Peter Parker, who is just trying to get through high school — until he learns of his “abilities.” After Parker finds a briefcase that may lead him to information about his father, he begins to find out who his parents really were. The love connection between Gwen Stacy, who is played by Emma Stone, and Parker is a undeniable. We can’t wait to see if there will be another famous upside-down kiss!