Moon Crystal Power Make Up: Hot Topic’s Sailor Moon Collection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

For nostalgia lovers everywhere (and those that still enjoy the series, like I do), the Sailor Moon collection at Hot Topic has you covered for all your nerdy merchandise pleasures. From T-shirts, skirts to jackets, you’ll be sure to find something that will have you “fighting evil by the moonlight and winning love by daylight.” Here is an overview of some of my favorite items from the collection.

Tie dye tank top

If you love rainbows AND Sailor Moon, then this is the perfect shirt for you to show your love of the Moon Princess. The colors are vibrant and each has a unique tie dye design, plus the style of the shirt is great to wear for the summertime. The price is currently $25 and you can buy it from the Hot Topic website here.

Crochet top

Ever dreamed of transforming into Sailor Moon but lacked the transformation brooch? Well, this shirt will get you one step closer to your dreams by featuring the heroine’s famous “Moon Prism Power” line. The back of the top has a lace crochet design, and it’s the perfect detail to accompany the rest of the girly style. It currently retails for $27 and you can find it by clicking here.

Crop top

I may be a little biased about this item because I already own it, but that makes it all the worthwhile to include in my list. Not only is this crop top super soft, it’s perfect to pair with a high-waisted skirt for a casual daytime outfit. It currently retails for $25, and you can buy it here if you’re interested in the cute galaxy-filled Luna graphic.

Printed skirt

Another cute Luna-themed clothing item is this floral skirt with crescent moon symbols all over. I actually have a friend who owns this skirt, and she says it is super comfy and fits very nice on her. You also get some Tuxedo Mask influence with roses as the main flower showcased throughout the design. The skirt sells for $27 and is available here.

Cosmic Heart Brooch shirt

If you want to show your love for the magical-girl show but want to be discreet about it, then this is the shirt for you. While it may be simple in design, anyone who has seen Sailor Moon (or at least the third season of the show) will recognize the Cosmic Heart Brooch instantly. You can purchase the shirt here for $23.

Varsity jacket

A very aesthetic way to showcase your love for the “champion of love and justice” is to sport this pastel pink and silver foil button-up jacket. The sleeves feature an ombré galaxy print that will leave you longing for the stars above, and the back has a giant foil design of Sailor Moon posing alongside a crescent moon. The jacket is originally priced for $50, but is currently on sale for $35 here.

Symbol leggings

Want to show your love for the Sailor Moon franchise but need yet another way to be subtle about it? These dark navy leggings feature not one, not two but three different types of the show’s symbols scattered throughout the print. It features Tuxedo Mask motifs, the inner Sailor Senshi planetary symbols and Luna heads all across the design. Stars and crescent moons finish off the leggings to give it what I call a “space chic” look. Purchase them here for $29.

If you’ve been a Sailor Moon fan for a while like me, having a collection that allows you to wear your love for the series on your sleeve is a blessing. I’ve found that more and more companies are starting to appeal to “nerd” and childhood nostalgia culture in their lines, and I couldn’t be happier.

Elena Kallergis is currently a 4th year Advertising major at the University of Florida. Her passions include ballet dancing, drawing, reading, traveling, and rock climbing. She loves flowers, cats, fashion, chocolate chip cookies, cheeseburgers, and anything to do with the color peach. Outside of class, you can either catch her eating while attempting to study or just eating in general. Follow her on Instagram @elenamika.