#ManCrushMonday: Ian Somerhalder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

For girls who want to distance themselves from the Twilight craze of the past but aren’t ready to put away their fangs quite yet, The Vampire Diaries might be the show for you. It combines all the supernatural elements you love, minus the brooding and sparkles. Heartthrob Ian Somerhalder has been playing the hate-to-love-him, villain-turned-good-guy Damon Salvatore since the show’s start in 2009. Since then, he’s received 13 awards for his performance, including “Choice TV Villain” and “Choice TV Hottie.” I’m not talking Emmy’s here, but he rules the fan-voted Teen Choice and People’s Choice awards every year so the people really love him. Ian is a perfect example of a man crush that fellow men should all aspire to. Here’s why:

If I had to put a face to all my “dark, brooding, but secretly sensitive stranger” fantasies, it would be Ian’s.

Ian is a huge animal lover and environmentalist. He often uses his social media to spread the word about causes he supports.

His blue eyes are dazzling, and he’s obviously been practicing his sarcastic eyebrow raise in the mirror.

Ian takes hygiene very seriously. Just look at how clean he is…

You can’t help but be mesmerized when he busts a move.

He basically invented the “I know you love me” side smirk.

See you next week, ladies.

Amanda is a senior studying Telecommunication News and the Campus Cutie Writer for Her Campus UFL. She also works as a reporter for WUFT News and as a writer for Fnatic. When she’s not working Amanda enjoys watching Food Network, cats, eating mashed potatoes, and playing League of Legends