#ManCrushMonday: Andy Samberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I remember the days when I knew Andy Samberg from no more than The Lonely Island. We’d watch their music videos on YouTube in middle school, and I’m pretty sure my entire grade was mildly obsessed. However, Samberg has come a long way since then. He’s multi-talented and a stand-up guy all around. Here’s why he should be your #ManCrushMonday.

This one is obvious — he’s funny. His work with Saturday Night Live will be forever hilarious. I’d recommend watching his old sketches online to reminisce.

Have you ever watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine? If so, I applaud you. If not, I suggest you start watching immediately. I badger at least one of my friends every day to watch B99 if they don’t already. Samberg’s character, Detective Jake Peralta, is witty, funny and extremely lovable.

He hosted the 2015 Emmy Awards and killed it. It was the perfect combination of humor and class. The sketches were creative to say the least.

In addition to the funny sketches, Samberg also made a couple of important points during his hosting of the Emmys. Instead of fearing controversy, he acknowledged several very real issues others might have shied away from.

Samberg is an extremely versatile actor. He starred in Celeste and Jesse Forever alongside Rashida Jones and showed that he’s more than just a funny sidekick; he’s capable of playing roles with more emotional range.

And finally, let us not forget The Lonely Island. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t still listen to “I’m on a Boat” or “Like a Boss” every once in a while. They’re guaranteed to make you laugh and are catchy enough to leave you humming them for hours.

To be honest, I’m not sure that my love for Andy Samberg will ever die. And with that, I leave you with this message: Go binge-watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine immediately. You’ll thank me later.

Photo credit: www.variety.com