Last-Minute Halloween Costumes: Emoji Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Be honest: have you figured out what you’re wearing for Halloween yet? Neither have I. I rarely ever decide on a costume until the week of Halloween or sometimes the day itself. But there’s no need to stress it. If you’ve exhausted all the ideas on your Pinterest board or just can’t find the costume right for you, I have some quirky, last-minute costume ideas that anyone can do: emojis!

Dancing Girls

This is definitely a crowd favorite. First, find a friend to be your twin and from there it’s easy. It requires no more than either a black leotard or a shirt, tights, black flats and black cat ears. All of these objects can be found at stores like Target or Walmart, which makes it easy if you’re trying to figure out what to be an hour before your party.

Salsa Dancing Girl

If you already have a red dress in your closet, this emoji is the one for you. Borrow, find or buy a pair of red heels and you’ve got the essentials. Put on red lipstick and add some volume to your hair to truly capture the essence of the emoji. Make sure to strike her pose!

The Monkeys

The “hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil” monkey trio has the opportunity to be a win-win: minimal effort and maximum comfort. There’s a monkey onesie on Amazon Prime (utilize the free student trial!), so you can have it delivered to your doorstep just in time for Halloween night.  

Sassy Girls

This one doesn’t require anything more than a long-sleeved pink shirt, so make sure you make it work with your attitude. Throw up the sassy hand and look to assure that everyone will be able to guess what you are. For your personal amusement, keep a tally every time someone asks who you are.

Princess

You only need a crown and a red lip to make this happen, and the rest of your outfit it up to your own personal discretion. Maintain her signature, all-knowing smirk and practice your best princess wave. If you need inspiration, definitely re-watch The Princess Diaries to channel your inner princess.

I hope you’ve found the emoji costume for you! And if all else fails and you’re really crunched for time, you can always print out a blown up version of your favorite emoji and just tie it around your neck — minimal effort and maximum Instagram-worthiness. Have a great (and safe) Halloween, Gators!  

Photo credits: www.popsugar.com

Victoria is a junior journalism major at the University of Florida. As a writer for Her Campus, she enjoyed writing about fashion and giving advice to readers. She is currently a senior editor of Her Campus UFL and is in training to become the chapter's next Campus Correspondent. Outside of class and Her Campus, you can find Victoria scoping out cute boys with friends, longboarding around campus, or hanging out with her Alpha Omicron Pi sisters. She enjoys traveling to new cities, spending time outside, drinking toffee nut iced coffees, shopping, trying new types of food and working for Her Campus!