Keyanna McGill: UF’s Fashionista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Most people consider fashion as an afterthought. Many believe that fashion is just putting an outfit together.
However, for some, fashion is a way of life. Keyanna McGill is one of those people.
The English major from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is extremely passionate about fashion.
“Fashion isn’t just an interest,” she said. “This is something I want to do for the rest of my life.”
McGill’s passion for fashion intensified once she started college.
“I was taking classes that did not interest me. One day it really hit me that clearly I wanted to do something with fashion because of how much I love it. Every day I am surrounded by something I love.”
According to McGill, fashion “allows you to be totally creative. I can really just let my mind run free.”
McGill’s love for fashion spills over to her involvement.
Currently, McGill serves as one of the assistant directors for Fashion X-Clusive, a student-run fashion show held during the Black Student Union’s celebration of Black History Month. Last year she served as Fashion Director.
 She has also participated in Gainesville Fashion Week as a model.
McGill plans on turning her passion into a career.
“I really want to become a stylist. I love being able to dress people and let my creation speak for itself. I also hope to one day start my own line,” McGill said.
 For now, you can see some of McGill’s creativity at Fashion X-Clusive. The show is being held February 10at the Reitz Grand Ballroom. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.