It (Really) Is Great UF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It happens every year. By the time mid-semester rolls around, we’re all a little worn down. Midterms consume us, and extracurriculars seem to require every spare moment we have. We find ourselves longing for a chance to catch our breath and relax for a minute. Sometimes when I get overwhelmed, I make myself step back and realize how lucky I am to go to such a wonderful university. It really is great, Gators!

School pride

The school pride in this place is ridiculous. On any given day, you can find hundreds of people on campus wearing Gator apparel, and on gamedays you will be surrounded by a sea of orange and blue just about anywhere in Gainesville.

The Gator Nation

You know how they say “the Gator Nation is everywhere”? They aren’t kidding. I was at a concert in Tampa and it began raining. I said, “In all kinds of weather…” and the strangers next to me finished with, “we all stick together!”

The people we learn from

The education here is excellent. As difficult as classes can be, it’s important to remember how lucky we are to have such an amazing faculty and unique opportunities at UF. The graduates from here go on to do big things in the world.

The community

We care a lot about our fellow Gators. There are so many resources available like U Matter, We Care and Gatorwell that are free to help students feel as safe and happy as possible.

Those gothic walls

One quick glance around campus is all it takes to realize that we’re attending one of the most beautiful schools in the nation. With moss-clad walls, bricks buildings and tons of trees, this place is just begging to be Instagrammed. Personally, Century Tower is my favorite spot on campus. Make a point to explore a new part of campus, and I’m sure you’d like what you find. Each building has its own individual quirks.

We’re hip

Our president takes over Snapchat, different flashmobs happen on Turlington Plaza all the time, there’s likely a free shirt being given out at any moment, Albert and Alberta show up at events and if you yell out “Go Gators” you’re likely to get a “Go Gators” in response. This school is about as cool as it gets.

I know school gets stressful. But take that minute to stand back and reflect on your time here and all the wonderful experiences you’ve had at UF, and I promise you’ll feel at least a little bit better. As always, #ItsGreatUF.

Photo credit: www.survivingcollege.com