This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Having a crush is a pretty normal occurrence in any girl’s life. Most girls regularly have at least one crush, if not more, at any time. However, if you’re not so much the boy-crazy girl, you might not always have a crush, and even if you do, you can sometimes be so oblivious that you don’t even realize it. Here are the stages of figuring out you have a crush when you’re not the boy-crazy girl:

1. When your friends start getting super excited for you. They squeal with excitement at how cute you guys are together.

2. You’re like “Wait—what?” You didn’t even realize you liked this guy, and your friends already have put you guys in a relationship. What just happened?

3. When you ask them where they got this idea from, they start listing off all these reasons why he likes you, and why you like him, that you didn’t even think of twice.

4. Then as they start rambling off all these examples, you start to get wide-eyed as you feel like such an idiot for missing all the “signs.”

5. So when you go home that night, you can’t stop wondering if your friends were right, or were just overthinking it. The next time you hang out with him, he does one of the things your friends mentioned, and it all clicks.

6. Suddenly you can’t look at him the same way anymore. Whoa! You have a crush! How did that even happen?

7. Now all you can think about when you hang out with himm or think about them is how awesome he is and how happy he makes you feel.

8. You guys are now the annoyingly happy couple you always hated, and you don’t care at all.

Despite how weird the thought of having a crush is, it’s never as bad as you imagine when it actually happens. And hey, who knows, maybe he’ll turn out to be your dream guy and all your friend’s pestering finally got you take the chance.

Photo credit: giphy.com, unsplash.com

Maxine Grossman is a second-year Public Relations major with a concentration in business at the University of Florida and is so excited for the opportunity to do what she does best for Her Campus UFL: write about fashion. When Maxine is not staring at Pinterest fashion boards or wandering around shopping, she can be caught eating sushi, devouring cups of coffee and tea, or munching on some delicious macarons. Besides writing for Her Campus UFL, Maxine is also an active member of UF’s Panhellenic life and enjoys spending time with friends, traveling, and painting.