This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

On September 12, 2014, four guys tried on some Victoria’s Secret panties on camera – and the rest was history. These four guys would form what is now known as the Try Guys.

Comprised of members Keith Habersberger, Ned Fulmer, Zach Kornfeld and Eugene Lee Yang, the Try Guys try a variety of things, ranging from wearing lingerie to swimming with sharks. They started making videos when they worked at BuzzFeed, alongside their regular jobs. The guys saw the potential with Try Guys videos, but they were constricted while working at BuzzFeed because they couldn’t dedicate more time to Try Guys. That’s why on June 2, 2018, the Try Guys announced they left BuzzFeed earlier that year, debuted their new production company, 2nd Try LLC, and launched the new Try Guys channel on YouTube.

I’ve personally watched the Try Guys for a long time, and they’re always my go to whenever I’m on YouTube. What I’ve noticed, though, is that they still aren’t well known. I want to spread the joy of the Try Guys to the world, including you, our readers. Here are four reasons why you should try the Try Guys.

Their diverse content

There’s no limit to what they’ll do, ranging from Keith’s “Eat the Menu” series, where he eats everything on the menu in restaurants (literally), to Eugene’s “Rank King” series, where he ranks items in a category like fruits or zodiac signs. They also do what their name would expect you to do, which is trying things. Had it not been for them trying things, my sense of adventure would not be as robust as it is now because they give me confidence to do new things.

Failure is always a possibility

The Try Guys released a book in 2019, taking another huge risk after opening 2nd Try LLC, which was the risk after quitting their very stable jobs at BuzzFeed. Their book is called “The Hidden Power of Fucking Up,” where they discuss their “failosophy.” They know that their work can lead to embarrassing failure, and they’re not afraid to face it. The Try Guys continue to fail, and they openly acknowledge it in their videos. Throughout college, I have been motivated and enticed by the idea of failure, and the Try Guys helped enforce that.

They’re open to showing vulnerability

One of my most favorite videos is Eugene’s coming out video because of the raw vulnerability he shows coming out as a gay man and expressing his journey up to that point. He showcased something that meant a lot to him and had hurt him in his past while also showing viewers who are struggling with their sexuality that it’s okay to be different.

Another example is when Zach talked about his autoimmune disorder called “ankylosing spondylitis.” He talks about it openly in videos, starting with a vlog where he tells his viewers about his diagnosis. Over time, you can see him become more comfortable with his conditions and talk about it in videos. The other guys are accepting of this too, providing Zach with accommodations whenever they do certain challenges. Vulnerability is something a lot of people have trouble with, so it is refreshing to see YouTube personalities incorporate it into their channels.

Their love of the craft

There are YouTubers that make videos just for the money involved. I cringe when I watch those videos. The Try Guys, on the other hand, do it for their fans. When they worked at BuzzFeed, they had great pay and health insurance – among other great benefits. Aside from the constrictions associated with the digital platform, they left behind what many would consider a stable financial situation just so they could do more of what they love, sharing that love with their viewers. In my book, that’s very commendable. You can see how much they love what they do in their videos, and it’s transferred onto you while watching their videos too.

Feeling compelled to check out the Try Guys? Click here to view their channel and have a good time.

Sophia is a self-proclaimed potato on the TAMU campus. She is a third-year Materials Science and Engineering Ph.D. student that loves being in Her Campus. She loves it so much that she continued being a member into grad school. This is her second year writing with HC TAMU, but wrote for HC UFL from Fall 2017 - Spring 2020 when she was an undergrad at the University of Florida. Sophia loves writing about social justice topics, science, and loves showcasing her dog, Banshee (ig: @BansheeTheBeauty). Follow her on insta, twitter, and snapchat @divasophia97.