Healthier Pizza for a Healthier You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Part of being a college student is having time to eat only the calorie-packed, unhealthy meals, yet still wanting to look in tip-top shape among the thousands of students intermingling on campus each day.

Finding time to cook healthy (or at all) between the early morning classes, club meetings and late study hours can be a problem is tough. However, you can whip up a healthy meal in 30 minutes or less.

Pizza sounds like an extremely unhealthy choice, but by making your own pizza and adding the right ingredients you can make a stellar dish. Gain nutrients while devouring a tasty, crunchy-edged meal.

Follow the recipe for the Spinach and Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza from fitnessmagazine.com, and you might just find yourself feeling less guilty while indulging in this Italian classic.

You can substitute any of the add-on ingredients, or even add different toppings, and still keep the recipe healthy by sticking to a different vegetable of preference.

Ingredients

• 2    whole-grain flatbreads
  • 1/2  cup  pizza sauce
  • 2  tbsp  dried oregano
  • 1  cup  baby spinach
  • 1/4  cup  goat cheese
  • 2  tbsp  pine nuts

Directions
Make it: Preheat oven to 350 F.  Bake flatbread for 7 minutes. Spread pizza sauce on flatbread and top with oregano, spinach, goat cheese and pine nuts. Bake an additional 12 to 15 minutes.

I am a third-year journalism student at the University of Florida. This is my second year writing for Her Campus.
Hola! My name is Victoria and it is a pleasure to meet you. I was born and raised in Key West, Fla. Surprisingly; people do actually live there. I'm a fourth year journalism student at the University of Florida, and I am obsessed with food. I watch ungodly amounts of the Food Network. I love to dance, write and swim to my hearts content. I don't know what I would do without my Crackberry and listening to the Silversun Pickups makes me sane.