The Great Gainesville Chicken Nugget Crawl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Anyone who knows me remotely well knows that I have a deep love for chicken nuggets. My friends often enable this love by accompanying me on the journey to get food. This list compiles some of my favorite places to get nuggets in Gainesville.

Wendy’s: Dear Everyone, you are lying if you try to say that these aren’t the best nuggets. I’ve never been sad when I eat Wendy’s nuggets — fact. They’re always the perfect temperature and the right amount of juiciness. Also, the fact that there is a six-count on the dollar menu is unbeatable.

Zaxby’s: I don’t have a Zaxby’s at home, so I’ll never forget the day I first stepped into one my freshman year. It was destiny. Not only are their nuggets amazing, but the meal as a whole is probably one of my favorite fast food options. I’m not sure what any of us did to deserve crinkle-cut fries and Texas toast in the same serving, but hats off to Zaxby’s for making it happen.

Chick-fil-A: What I really like about CFA nuggets is that they provide us with not one, but two options. If you’ve never had their grilled nuggets, I highly recommend them. They’re a slightly healthier option than the normal breaded ones, and they even come in the kid’s meal as well. For an added bonus, CFA has incredible lemonade.

PDQ: When I first heard of the PDQ (“People Dedicated to Quality” for any of those questioning this alias) opening in Gainesville, I was skeptical. I had my favorite places, and I planned on sticking to them. However, I just ate there recently, and I was pretty pleased. Their portion sizes are generous (we’re talking basically a bucket of french fries), and their impressive list of milkshakes is worth mentioning, too.

McDonald’s: Hate on me all you want, but I can’t make a list of nuggets without including this classic staple. McDonald’s restaurants are often the only places open when my friends and I find ourselves needing nuggets at midnight after a long, grueling day of school.

I hope this encourages you to seek out a meal of the greatest fast food item to exist. And, please, if you find somewhere new to get nuggets in Gainesville, let me know! You’d be doing me a favor.

Photo credit: Pinterest.com