Entertainment10: Justin Bieber, Tyga and Kylie Jenner, and Jussie Smollett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Haven’t had time to catch up with the week’s entertainment news? Wanting to get it all in one stop? Well, this week’s E10 will definitely fill you in on the week’s top news from Hollywood!

1. Justin Bieber ends his Comedy Central Roast with an apology. The Biebs took time out of his highly anticipated roast to close one chapter and open another by apologizing to the world for his past indiscretions. “There were moments I am proud of. And there are moments I am disappointed with myself for. But the things I have done don’t define who I am. I am kind-hearted person who loves people. And through it all, I have lost some of my best qualities. For that, I’m sorry,” Bieber said. The singer also thanked God for “not giving up” on him and called the celebrity roast, “a turning point” in his life. Roast of Justin Bieber airs March 30 on Comedy Central, featuring Kevin Hart, Shaquille O’Neal, Snoop Dogg, Jeffrey Ross, Ludacris, and even Martha Stewart.

2. Tyga admits that Kylie Jenner has captured his heart. After months of speculation, denial and just simply confusion, the nature of the relationship between Jenner and Tyga seems to be clear as ever. Tyga seemingly admitted his love for his speculated 17-year-old girlfriend on Friday, when he took to his Instagram account to share a photo of Jenner along with a heartfelt message:  “Certain things catch your eye, but only few capture the heart.” While both Tyga and Jenner have adamantly denied their relationship to the public in the past, many believe Tyga’s recent post confirms the pair’s romantic relationship.

3. Empire’s Jussie Smollett comes out as gay. In an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, the singer spoke in a private segment backstage after filming in front of the show’s live studio audience about his personal life. “It was really important to me to make sure that it got across that there is no closet,” Smollett said. “There’s never been a closet. That I’ve been in. I don’t own a closet, I got a dresser, but I don’t have a closet, but I have a home and that is my responsibility to protect that home…So that’s why I choose not to talk bout my personal life. But there is without a doubt, no closet that I’ve ever been in, and I just wanted to make that clear, but it was most important for me to make that clear to you on your show at this time in the world. And that’s where I’m at,” he added. “So let’s not read into it the wrong when I say that I don’t talk about my personal life, I’m saying that. But it is in no way to hide or deny who god made me. Ya know?”

4. Kathy Griffin leaves Fashion Police. It has been a rocky few weeks for the E! hit show; first, one of its hosts, Giuliana Rancic, faced controversy after stating what many found to be racist comments about actress and singer Zendaya’s hair during the 2015 Oscars show. Amid the controversy, Kelly Osbourne decided to exit the show leaving behind co-hosts Griffin, Rancic and Brad Goreski. And the latest of the fashion show’s woes was the exit of its new host Kathy Griffin this week. Fashion Police’s funny woman took to Twitter to explain her exit, citing creative differences as the reason behind her departure. “…I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference,” Griffin wrote. “After seven episodes of Fashion Police, I discovered that my style does not fit with the creative direction of the show and now it’s time to move on.”

5. Who would you believe, Kanye West or President Barack Obama in the case of Home Phone Gate? In a recent appearance with Jimmy Kimmel Live, President Obama denied having West’s home number; however, he admitted to meeting the rapper twice. West on the other hand said the two know each other a little better than that. When caught by photogs outside LAX, Yeezy told the paparazzi, “I love Obama. He called our house before. He knows that.” While the two’s stories may be different, all is well in Obama-West land as West made the point to tell the paps, “Don’t try to pit [me and Obama] against each other,” right after being questioned about his relationship with the president.

6. Rihanna makes history as Dior’s first black spokesperson. Rihanna was announced as the new face of the iconic brand Friday and will be featured in the fourth installment of Dior’s Secret Garden campaign. Rihanna’s campaign, which she recently shot at Versailles in Paris, France, is scheduled to run this spring in both film and print versions.

7.  Gisele Bundchen is saying goodbye to the catwalk. The Brazilian beauty announced this week that she’ll be leaving the fashion runway for good. According to Brazilian news source Estadao, she will do one final strut next month for Colcci at Sao Paulo Fashion Week before retiring from the runway. Bundchen, whose career has spanned more than 20 years, will still model and appear in ads. The 34-year-old also owns her own lingerie and footwear companies.

8. Lil Wayne goes off during his concert. While performing at Nova Southeastern University, Weezy threw his mic on the ground and stormed off stage when DJ 4our 5ive played O.T. Genasis’ version of “Coco.” Before the dramatic exit, Wayne had performed seven songs; however, when the DJ played Genasis’ track, it reportedly set Wayne off. TMZ reports Wayne was upset at 4our 5ive, for not playing his remix of “Coco” and because 4our 5ive also messed up the order of songs and played “Coco” early — it was apparently supposed to be the final tune.  Nonetheless, the gossip site also reports that the two have buried the hatchet.

9. The Bachelor hands out his final rose; and that isn’t all. Bachelor Chris Soules made his final decision on The Bachelor finale when he chose between Whitney Bischoff and Becca Tilley. The lucky lady in the end was Whitney Bischoff who Soules proposed to on his Iowa farm. The show’s finale also featured a strange twist when Chris Harrison announced that the upcoming season of The Bachelorette would have a brand-new format with two Bachelorettes! The show will feature both The Bachelor season’s Britt Nilsson and Kaitlyn Bristowe. However, during the July 25th premiere, men will meet both Bristowe and Nilsson and then choose which one will continue on during the season.

10. The week of the movie sequel! First up was Sci-Fi lover’s Star Wars.  CEO Bob Iger announced the Star Wars: Episode VIII release date this week, which will be May 26, 2017. The highly anticipated eighth episode will follow the release of Episode VII in December. Another sequel on the horizon is Disney’s box office hit, Frozen.  While no release date has been set, Disney announced Frozen 2 on Thursday to stockholders. And finally, Zoolander fans rejoiced as both Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson strutted the catwalk as their Zoolander characters during Valentino’s Paris Fashion Week show to announce the comedy’s highly anticipated sequel. Zoolander 2 is expected to premiere on February 12, 2016.

Thanks for reading collegiettes! Expect another excitement, packed E10 next week! See you then!  

Lauren Crawford is a fourth-year Telecommunications Major with a News Specialization and Sports Management Concentration at the University of Florida. She is pursuing a career in Broadcast Journalism in the fields of entertainment news and sports sews, and is currently the Thursday Sports Anchor for WUFT. She began working for HerCampus because she loves all things pop culture and enjoys writing, especially for an organization that caters to college women. You can find Lauren in her spare time watching reality TV, helping with her sorority, hanging out with friends, traveling, or catching up on the latest football game. She is your Entertainment10 Blogger.