Embarrassing Stories from the Classes of UF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Everybody has horrifyingly embarrassing moments during class that they feel like they’ll never live down. If you feel that way, don’t worry! You’re not alone. Have fun laughing at some of the most embarrassing moments that have happened to the collegiettes on UF’s campus.

I saw the person I least wanted to…

“It was the weekend before classes and I went out to Midtown with some friends. After a few too many shots, my judgment was very questionable. I found myself going home with a guy that was so not my type. On Monday, I showed up to my small class and sure enough, Midtown boy was in it. Then the professor paired us together for the rest of the semester.” -Ariel D.

It wasn’t me…

“My stomach wasn’t feeling good this morning, but I had to go to class because I had a huge midterm exam. Things were going well, and I was halfway through my test, so I assumed this morning was a fluke. I finished my exam up early and was one of the first ones done. The room was dead silent. As I walked down the stairs to turn in my exam, it happened. I let out possibly the biggest fart of my life! I ran out of the room and hid in the bathroom for at least 45 minutes.” -Jamie R.

I had such a close call…

“I am taking a photography class this semester. We get to rent an $800 camera for the semester, ensuring that if it doesn’t all come back then you owe that money. The day we got our cameras I was nervous… $800 is a lot of money. So I took my camera to my next class with intentions of taking it straight back to my apartment after. Well, as luck would have it, I got back to my apartment that’s within walking distance of campus and realized I forgot my camera! I ran back, interrupting the class that was in the classroom and found my camera. I tried to rush out but, of course, the strap of the camera bag got caught on a chair, causing me to trip and fall.” -Parker S.

I had a crush on the teacher…

“I accidentally called my really hot young TA, dad. Yeah, that was awkward. I couldn’t look him in the eye for month. Then I was at a small bar in downtown and saw my TA. According to my friends, I confessed my undying love for him but alas he did not feel the same way.” -Megan V.

See? There’s no need to stress. We all have moments of awkwardness, from minor to the cringe-inducing. Just grin and bear it, and remember that you’ll definitely live to see another day no matter how horrible that incident felt in the moment. Everyone else will probably forget about it way before you do.