DIY Shots for Your Sweet Tooth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you are planning a party, preparing to become a bartender or just experimenting with drinks,
here are few recipes that can be easily done at home and are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. With
Halloween coming up, these would be the perfect addition to your night!

Paul Korr gives 150 decadent drink recipes in his book “Candy Shots,” and here are some
highlights. All credit to Korr for these awesome concoctions.

Before you get started, brush up on your bartending techniques:

Fill the cup/shaker with ice and the ingredients. Cover it with the lid and shake until the outside
begins to frost. Take the top off and strain the drink into the glass, leaving the ice behind in the
shaker.
Or pour each of the ingredients into the glass, keeping each in its own layer. Place a bar spoon
upside down on top of the first ingredient; slowly pour the next ingredient over the back of the
spoon to prevent the liquid from entering the glass too quickly.

Recipes:

Airhead: Take one part peach schnapps and one part cranberry juice cocktail, shake with ice and
strain.

Banana Split Cocktail: Take ½ oz. vodka, one ½ oz. crème de banana, one oz. crème de cacao
(white) and one oz. light crème, shake with ice and strain.

Buttered Toffee: Take ½ oz. coffee liqueur, ½ oz. Irish crème liqueur, ½ oz. amaretto and two oz.
half and half, shake with ice and strain.

Candy Apple: Take one part butterscotch schnapps and one part apple cider, shake with ice and
strain.

Candy Cane: Take one part grenadine, one part crème de menthe (white) and one part peppermint
schnapps, layer in a shot glass.

Cheesecake Martini: Take one oz. vanilla-flavored vodka, ½ oz. Triple Sec, ½ oz. Sour Mix,
oneoz. light crème and dash crème de cacao (white), shake with ice and strain.

Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry: Take one part Godiva Liqueur and one part Tequila Rose, shake
with ice and strain.

Dirty Girl Scout Cookie: Take one part coffee liqueur, one part Irish Crème liqueur and one part
crème de menthe (white), shake with ice and strain.

Gummy Bear Martini: Take two oz. gin, one oz. red rum and a splash of pink lemonade, shake with ice and strain.

Jolly Rancher: Take two parts melon liqueur, one part peach schnapps and one part Sour Mix
with a splash of grenadine, shake with ice and strain.

Skittles: Take one part vodka, one part Southern Comfort, one part melon liqueur and one part
pineapple juice, shake with ice and strain.

Starburst Cocktail: Take two parts light rum, one part pineapple juice, one part sweet vermouth,
shake with ice and strain.

Always remember to drink responsibly. Enjoy!