DIY Desserts: Mint Fudge Pie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Growing up definitely has great advantages: accomplishing your dreams, doing what you really love and sharing it all with your family and closest friends.

However, growing up also means you have to leave a part of childhood behind, and with the Girl Scout cookie season in full throttle, it’s easy to become a little nostalgic of the tree climbing, Barbie doll-playing days.

Go back in time with this Mint Fudge Pie from womansday.com that’s reminiscent of the Thin Mints you used to sell as a Girl Scout. This creamy delight will not only be delicious to you, but you can share it with your girlfriends and remind them what your childhoods used to be all about!

Recipe adapted from http://www.womansday.com/recipefinder/mint-fudge-pie-121585.

The Mint to Your Thins (Ingredients):

– 1 refrigerated ready-to-use pie crust
– 1 box Family-Style Dark Chocolate Fudge Brownies mix
– 1 egg
– 1/3 cup butter, melted
– 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
– 1 package (7.2 oz) snack-size, chocolate-covered mint patties
– 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
– 1/4 cup sugar
– fresh mint for garnish

Every Girl Scout Cookie Needs Delivery (Directions):

1) Preheat oven to 350ºF. Unroll pie crust on a lightly floured surface, then roll into a 13-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate and fold the edge under.

2) Combine the brownie mix, egg, butter, 1/3 cup water and 1/4 teaspoon mint extract in a large bowl. Stir until well blended. Spread 1 1/3 cup batter in pie crust, and then evenly space 10 mint patties on the batter. Top the creation with remaining batter, spreading to the edges.

3) Bake for 45 minutes, but cover the crust with foil after 15 minutes to prevent it from burning. Cool on a wire rack and, when cooled, place the pie in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.

4) Beat cream, sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon mint extract in a large bowl with mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over pie, and cut the remaining 2 patties in quarters; use with mint to garnish the pie.

I am a third-year journalism student at the University of Florida. This is my second year writing for Her Campus.