DIY Desserts: Fudge Crinkles

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Even though the temperatures outside reflect the Florida winter that is soon approaching, they’re not quite cold enough for you to snuggle up in a blanket in front of a warm fireplace. Instead, get cozy and comfortable inside your college dorm or apartment by making these Fudge Crinkles from food.com (http://www.food.com/recipe/fudge-crinkles-a-great-4-ingredient-cake-mix-cookie-32614). Paired with a cup of cocoa and marshmallows, any stresses brought about by the wave of midterms are bound to evaporate away.

Every fireplace needs a little firewood (Ingredients)

(18 1/4 ounce) box Devil’s Food Cake mix (Betty Crocker Super Moist is suggested)
1/2  cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
Confectioners’ sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling

Even chilly days can be made warm with the right steps (Directions)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. With a manual eggbeater or stirring spoon, stir together the cake mix, oil and eggs in a bowl until the dough is formed.

3. Spread the confectioners’ sugar on your hands and shape dough into 1 inch chocolate balls.

4. After rolling each ball in confectioners’ sugar, place them about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheets.

5. Place cookie sheet in oven and bake between 8-10 minutes or until the center sets.

6. Finally, remove your warm treats from the cookie sheets and cool on a plate or preferably a wire rack.

I am a third-year journalism student at the University of Florida. This is my second year writing for Her Campus.