Dishes ‘n’ DIYS: Red Velvet Oreo Brownies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

The basic brownie is being kicked up a level with a warm layer of red velvet on the bottom, an Oreo truffle layer on top and finished off with a melted chocolate spread and mini chocolate chips. I’m a big fan of brownies, and the combination of red velvet and chocolate is just too good to pass up. One bite of this delicious brownie remix will have you hooked, so if you’re on a diet, I’d advise you to avoid this article at all costs. This recipe is basically everything your personal trainer or nutritionist would advise against, but hey, you only live once, so you may as well eat the brownie.

What you’ll need:-1 box of red velvet cake mix-1/2 cup melted butter-2 eggs-1 package of Oreos-1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips-1 bag of mini chocolate chips (for garnish)-8 ounces of cream cheese

How to make it:1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.2. Combine cake mix, melted butter and eggs in a bowl until thoroughly smooth.3. Spray a pan (preferably 9×13 inches) with nonstick cooking spray, and spread the mixture into pan4. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out smoothly, and let it cool.5. Crush Oreos in a blender or in a large plastic bag with a rolling pin and your hands.6. Melt cream cheese in microwave for 15 seconds, and stir into the crushed Oreos.7. Spread out Oreo mixture evenly on top of the red velvet brownies.8. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, and pour over the Oreo layer.9. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, and let brownies cool.

These unique, sinful and easy to make brownies are an absolute must-try. Who doesn’t love red velvet, chocolate and Oreos? Pair it with a glass of cold milk, and you’ll learn the definition of heavenly. The only regret you’ll have is not going for seconds! Get baking, collegiettes!

Photo credits:kevinandamanda.com