It seems like all I see these days are continuous Facebook statuses begging people to sublease an apartment for summer. If you’re one of the lucky few who waited this long to score a really great deal and plan on moving up from a dorm to your very own (subleased) apartment, this craft is for you. Going from a single room with limited wall space to multiple rooms can be scary when trying to decide how you will decorate, but I have the perfect triple-canvas DIY project that will add some class to your new space!
- Three 8-by-8 canvases
- Black spray paint
- White spray paint
- Hot glue gun and hot glue
- Black regular paint
Here’s how to do it:
- Picking a color scheme is the most important part of this project. I will be staying in an apartment where the living room theme is already red, black, and white, so I continued the theme by choosing black.
- Next, pick two awesome stencils. I went with a damasque and flower stencil because they look nice together.
- I spray painted each 8-by-8 canvas all black, and I chose white spray paint for the designs.
- Carefully place the stencil in the desired place on the canvas. I chose to do the damasque stencil twice in a vertical line, so I had to wait for it to dry. Make sure the stencil is firmly in place by using tape, so it won’t move as you’re spray-painting. You don’t want those awful blurred lines.
- Sometimes, you might get that effect anyway. To fix it, take regular black paint, and carefully paint over the areas with mistakes.
- For the next stencil, I used hot glue to create the flower. Just use your hot glue gun to fill in the parts of the stencil for a see-through vibe. Be careful not to burn yourself; hot glue is not usually used to fill in large areas.
- For the last canvas, I bought some doilies, randomly placed them on the edges of the canvas, and used the white spray paint again to create a lace-like effect. Before spray-painting, make sure the doilies are firmly adhered to the canvas and will not move.
- Wait for all of the canvases to dry.
- Now, place them in either a vertical or horizontal line with the hot glue canvas sandwiched between the damasque and doily canvases.
- Sit back on the couch, and look at your beautiful new masterpieces!
Happy Crafting!XOXO,The Crafty Gator