Concord Coffee: Gainesville’s Newest Addition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Amid all of the chaos on University Avenue, a new oasis called Concord Coffee recently opened its doors to the public, and the scene is already a hit. 

With a hugely successful original location in Lakeland, FL, the Concord team decided it was time to extend their community. Students at the University of Florida have been anticipating the arrival of this second spot since December. About a couple of weeks ago, Gainesville finally got to see what all the hype is about. 

The unassuming entrance of Concord Coffee leaves the stunning interior as a surprise.

When you walk through the doorway, you are greeted with the inviting scent of freshly brewed coffee.

Already a student favorite due to the unbeatable location, there’s an ambitious atmosphere that motivates you to grab a seat and open your books. Not to mention that the coffee is amazing.

From effortless cortados to Iced Honey and Cinnamon Lattes, Concord Coffee is beyond satisfying and delicious. 

Concord Coffee strives to be a lot more than just a coffee shop, however. I was able to have a conversation with some team members at the new location and their responses really exemplify what the site is all about. 

1. Why did you choose to open your second location in Gainesville?

“Our choice to open our second location in Gainesville was largely in part due to our relationship with Gator Wesley. Long-standing friendship and trust with the directors there made it an easy choice!”

2. What kind of community are you striving to create at Concord Coffee, GNV?

“We’re striving to create a space where everyone feels welcome. No matter who you are, we want to make this space accessible for everyone. Attached is a photo of our window sign, we think this gives a really good depiction of the community we’re trying to create!

3. What sets your coffee apart from the rest?

“Being able to roast our own coffee and have such a close connection to our farmers/importers is what sets us apart. We’re able to trace all of our coffee’s back to their farms and that traceability helps us sell them with pride and integrity. We also have a staff that cares so deeply not only about the quality of coffee but also about the folks that we are serving.”

Currently, the new site is still quite busy as everyone lines up for their first cup. Located on 1380 W University Ave, Concord Coffee is serving lattes, merchandise and a coffee culture unlike any other.

Madeline is a second-year Journalism major at the University of Florida. She loves rainy days, trips that revitalize your soul, and speaking up for what she believes in. She strives to use her voice as a catalyst for conversations about the female college experience and equality for all. See more of her life on Instagram: @maduhlinemurphy & more of her work at: www.madelinenmurphy.com