Campus Style: Worldwide Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Name: Susana Shih
Age: 18
Year: freshman
Major: biology

Many collegiettes are on the hunt for an undiscovered place to shop at. Whether it’s a hole-in-the-wall boutique or a unique Etsy shop, we’re always trying to find a place to buy an outfit that we don’t already see three times a day. One way to ensure that your wardrobe is one of a kind is to leave the continent for your shopping! Although this isn’t a viable option for most of us, Susana Shih has family in Colombia she frequently visits, so international shopping trips are a no-brainer. By mixing pieces that are bought overseas with department-store finds, Susana has crafted a wonderfully unique wardrobe. Keep reading to learn more about where she shops in Colombia!

Her Campus: What are you wearing and where is it from?
Susana Shih: “I’m wearing this dress from Falabella. It’s a Chilean store, but I bought this in Colombia. It’s similar to Macy’s or a department store, but it mostly sells clothes and perfume. I think this cardigan is from Macy’s. I bought the shoes in Colombia, too. It’s from a Brazilian brand called Piccadilly. They’re known for making comfortable shoes. My watch is Michael Kors.”

HC: How would you describe your style?
SS: “I usually dress very laid back. I like to go for comfort rather than cuteness a lot of the time, but sometimes I like to change it up and look cute.”

HC: What is your favorite item in your closet?
SS: “That’s a hard one. I did buy this cardigan, or kimono, silky thing. I think it looks a little oriental or a little bit exotic. It’s different. I haven’t worn it on campus yet, but I really like it.”

HC: If you were to go shopping right now, what would you be looking to buy?
SS: “Oh, everything! I would probably be looking for little blouses. I always think that I need more cute blouses, and that’s what I always go look for and buy. I feel like I don’t have enough of them.”

HC: Do you notice any differences between shopping in Colombia and shopping in the United States?
SS: “Yes, I think there are some differences. Their style is different in Colombia. You could go to the same store in Colombia, like Zara, and they’ll have a similar collection as the stores in the United States. They’ll choose different pieces from that collection though. Some pieces will be the same, but there are still differences.”

Photo Credit: Allison Curry

Allison is a freshman finance major at the University of Florida. She is thrilled to be the Her Campus UFL Campus Style Blogger. Outside of class, Allison can be found running off to Walt Disney World or watching hockey. Other interests include online shopping, cats, yoga, and dancing.