Campus Style: Fringe-tastic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

In moderation I don’t believe fringe can ever be a bad thing. Like many other trends, it’s currently having a comeback, and I couldn’t be happier. In addition to giving off the perfect modern-hippie vibe, fringe is just so much fun to wear or accessorize with. This collegiette was rocking just the right amount of fringe, and she immediately caught my attention. Natasha Awad was on Turlington Plaza on her way to class when she stopped to talk to me about her outfit. The ankle boots, shorts and fringe-clad shirt combination is a great way to start the slow transition into fall fashion that Floridians always have to deal with. Keep reading to learn more about how Natasha handles fall fashion even when the heat refuses to leave!

Name: Natasha Awad Age: 18Year: freshmanMajor: linguistics

Her Campus: What are you wearing and where is it from? Natasha Awad: “My top is Forever 21. I got my shorts at a thrift shop, and I cut them. They used to be jeans. My shoes are also from Forever 21. I got them about a year ago.”

HC: What is your favorite thing that you’re wearing right now? NA: “My shirt! Staying comfortable in class is always important. It’s all about the fabric, and this cotton is super soft. I like the fringe too!”

HC: What is your favorite season for fashion?NA: “Fall, for sure! I’m excited to wear boots and coats. I like sweaters a lot too.”

HC: What’s on your current fall fashion wish list?NA: “I really want a green trench coat.“

HC: How do you manage fall fashion in the Florida heat?NA: “I get cold very easily, so even if it’s hot I’ll wear a cardigan or something.”

Allison is a freshman finance major at the University of Florida. She is thrilled to be the Her Campus UFL Campus Style Blogger. Outside of class, Allison can be found running off to Walt Disney World or watching hockey. Other interests include online shopping, cats, yoga, and dancing.