Big/Little Reveal: Gifts Ideas for Your Little

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

It’s time to get crafty! With big/little reveal around the corner, the constant crafting that will take place for the next week is inevitable. Your fingers and nails will be permanently covered in acrylic paint, you’ll burn yourself countless times using that pink bedazzled glue gun, and just about everything you own will have a touch of glitter — that stuff spreads like wildfire. To make sure you have the best basket for your little bundle of joy, here are a few crafting ideas that will keep you and your wallet happy:

1. Picture Frames 
Picture frames are great crafts to make that are both easy and inexpensive. Wooden frames can be picked up at any craft store and are usually sold for $1. Paint the frames however you please! Do a pretty chevron pattern, or get more advanced with a stellar tribal print. The frames are bound to turn out as a wonderful personalized gift for your little. 

2. Bulletin Board 
Purchase some corkboard, fabric and ribbon to complete this craft. By simply covering the cork with the fabric and using the ribbon to make a crisscross pattern, you have created a beautiful board for your little to hang in her room! Now she has a place to display the cute pictures from reveal!

3. Mugs 
This is my personal favorite. Get plain white mugs from your local dollar store and use colored sharpies to decorate them. Once they’re dry, simply bake them in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. You will have a personalized mug that is now adorable and dishwasher safe! 

4. Bubba Kegs 
Although this craft is a little more time-consuming, it’s a great addition to your big/little basket. You can bejewel it, paint it, or even cover it with glitter. It’s bound to get a lot of use throughout the year.

5. Monogram… everything 
It’s no surprise that a staple in a big/little basket is a surplus of those eloquently curled letters that announce your initials to the world. Whether you put them on a tumblr, a frat tank with a frocket, or paint them on a canvas, monograms are guaranteed success. Various Etsy shops sell them for a great price!

Hopefully with these crafting tips, you can personalize your little’s basket and spoil her beyond her wildest dreams.

Cara oversees Her Campus Media's community department and serves as strategic lead for the expansion, development and management of all HCM communities, including the Her Campus Chapter Network, InfluenceHer Collective, College Fashionista, Spoon University, Campus Trendsetters, alumni and high school. She works closely with company leadership to develop new community-related sales offerings and the Integrated Marketing team to support all community-focused client marketing programs from end to end. Cara has experience working with high-profile talent, such as Jessica Alba, Andrew Yang, Amber Tamblyn, Aja Naomi King, Troian Bellisario, Jessica Marie Garcia, Nico Tortorella, Nastia Liukin, Rebecca Minkoff, Cecile Richards and Samantha Power, as well as brands like Coca-Cola, L'Oréal Paris, The New York Times, HBO, Uber, H&M and more. Having been a part of the HC family since 2011, Cara served as Campus Correspondent of the HC chapter at the University of Florida where she studied journalism, women’s studies and leadership. A New Yorker turned Floridian, Cara has a Friends quote for any situation. You can usually find her with her friends and family at the beach, a concert or live sports event or binge-watching Grey's Anatomy or Sons of Anarchy. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @thecararose.