Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Between the Sheets: The Ultimate Reading List to Improve Your Sex Life

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

In my journey to becoming a sexpert I, believe it or not, have not learned the best tips in the bedroom or in my sexuality classes, but rather in these fantastic books.

These books are my recommendations for many different aspects of sexuality and many types of readers. With the winter holidays on the horizon, they are the perfect addition to your wish list:

“Becoming Cliterate: Why Orgasm Equality Matters–And How to Get It” by Laurie Mintz

Whether you are single or in a relationship, “Becoming Clitorate” gives you the knowledge and confidence to communicate your desires, pursue pleasure and challenge stigma around female sexuality. Plus, the author, Dr. Laurie Mintz is a UF professor! If you love her book as much as I do, you can take Psychology of Human Sexuality with her!

“The Little Book of Sex: Naughty and Nice” by Orange Hippo!

This is the cutest and silliest coffee table book to ever exist! Every page is filled with wild sex facts that will entertain any guest who stops by. This easy read is fun and lighthearted and will have you and your friends giggling all afternoon. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to know a little more about sexuality, but maybe doesn’t have the time to commit to an in-depth book right now.

“Come as You Are” by Emily Nagoski

This is easily the most profound book I have ever read. “Come as You Are” presents a deep analysis of your own sexuality in a fun and entertaining way. Dr. Nagoski celebrates that there is no one-size-fits-all for sexuality and she helps set you up for a safe environment to explore your own.

“The Come as You Are Workbook: A Practical Guide to the Science of Sex” by Emily Nagoski

If you are looking to get the full “Come as You Are” experience, and you want to commit to making your sexuality the best it can be, get this workbook. It takes everything in “Come as You Are” and puts it in tangible activities for self-exploration.

“She Comes First” by Ian Kerner

“She Comes First” is a world-renowned guidebook for pleasing a woman. If you have sex with women, get this book for you and your partner. If you have sex with men, this book would be a great gift for your partner. Whether you are having fantastic sex or are still working on it, I think this book offers something for anyone who gets in on with the ladies.

“Guide to Getting It On!” by Paul Joannides

This is by far the best book for anyone who wants to be a sex aficionado. I’ll be real with you, it’s a textbook, but not the kind of textbook you get in school. This book is 816 pages of easy-to-read and genuinely helpful knowledge of sexuality. It dives deep into every topic you’ve ever wondered about and puts everything in an understandable fashion. I’ve been working on this book for two years, and I’m about 600 pages through. I feel like my understanding of my sexuality and the people around me has enhanced immensely, and I would recommend this to anyone who has an interest in sex.

Ginger is a third-year Journalism major with a minor and specialty in Theories and politics of Sexuality. Ginger is passionate about fun and honest sex education and hopes to spread sex positivity via mass media. In her free time, Ginger runs a nail art account @ginger_does_nails and is always trying something new with her sorority sisters!