8 UF Alumni That Are Better Than FSU Alumni

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

At this point in all of our lives, we’ve reached at least one conclusion: UF is better than FSU in all aspects. One aspect that tends to be overlooked, other than the fact that FSU has been good at football for five minutes, is our wonderfully talented and intelligent alumni. This is a breakdown of all of our amazingly cool alumni compared to FSU’s less-than-average alumni.

1. Journalists
UF has alumna like Erin Andrews, who is an incredibly talented journalist and sports commentator. It comes as no shock that she graduated from one of the best journalism schools in the country. She is also on Dancing with the Stars, which is super casual.

FSU doesn’t seem to have very many notable journalist alumni.

2. Athletes
I can only say two words under this category: Tim Tebow. He won the Heisman Trophy in 2007, and he continued to move on to the NFL. He’s also on the list of best quarterbacks of all time, but no big deal. It also doesn’t hurt that he’s basically gorgeous. Abby Wambach is also an athlete and former Gator with some serious girl power.

FSU’s athletes are seen in a little less of a high regard, especially in regards to legal matters. I’m sure there are a couple famous athletes from FSU running around with a ball somewhere.

3. Politicians
This probably goes without saying, but UF had an alumni running for the President of the United States, and it wasn’t Donald Trump. He also publicly placed UF over FSU in the state, which he was probably advised against. Even though you dropped out of the running this election, we still appreciate you, Marco Rubio.

I tried to look up FSU alumni, who were/are politicians, and they all turned out to be irrelevant and/or served a long time ago. Oh well.

4. Actors/Actresses
Shout out to Faye Dunaway for being both an FSU and UF alumna. If you aren’t sure who she is, she played Bonnie in Bonnie and Clyde, and that was just one of her many roles. Her career has made her a household name, so it’s safe to say UF was a breath of fresh air for her.

FSU is home to many other actors and actresses, just like UF, but it seems they just fade into the background because most of them don’t seem to be very relevant. Maybe they’re acting like they enjoyed going to FSU?

5. Astronauts
FSU and UF also coincidentally share an astronaut, Norman Thagard, as a notable alumnus. UF has plenty more astronauts to call alumni just because Gators rock at math, science and everything else.

FSU appears to be lacking in excellent aerospace, or even science, programs because we can’t seem to find very many notable astronauts who attended FSU. Interesting.

6. Comedians
It’s just pretty casual that a Saturday Night Live alum is also a UF alumnus. Darrell Hammond was on SNL for 14 years, and he is considered the 24th best SNL cast member of all time. At UF, we have the brains, the looks and the humor.

FSU has some pretty funny people, too. We still love you and your workout VHS tapes, Richard Simmons.

7. Models
Every girl on the UF campus could easily be a model, but there are a bunch of famous ones that came from this beautiful campus. Yoanna House is one of the most notable, especially because she won Cycle 2 of America’s Next Top Model. Work it, girl.

FSU’s models remain primarily in the nude area of modeling, which is shocking. (*cough cough*)

8. Musicians
Stephen Stills is an incredibly talented guitarist and songwriter. He has performed with Neil Young and countless other timeless musicians.

FSU’s alumni is full of musicians and people contributing to the arts. Their alumni include the lead singer of Creed and Jim Morrison. Both are relevant, which is pretty cool for FSU. I guess that’s one point for you, FSU.

Honorable mentions
We also wanted to include a group of hotshots that are from Gainesville, so they definitely experienced what it is like to live in or near The Swamp. Who could forget the most famous, and one of the most talented musicians from Gainesville: Tom Petty. In addition to his talent, Darrell Hammond’s fellow SNL member, Maya Rudolph also was part of Gator country.

This is the brief rundown of how much better and more relevant UF alums are than FSU alums with the exception of that last one because I couldn’t help myself. The Gators will forever be in the lead in this little “rivalry.” Can it be considered a rivalry if one side is so obviously better in every respect? If not, the Gators never mind crushing some ‘Noles in anything they throw our way.

All friendly competition aside, FSU has some pretty cool alumni… Check out Her Campus FSU’s article about their alumni here.

Photo credit: gainesvillescene.com