books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

7 Must-Read Books for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Spring break is a time to relax in the middle of your crazy and hectic semester. Whether you are laying by the pool or on the beach, here are a few books that are sure to keep you entertained and inspired.

1. It’s Not OK: Turning Heartbreak into Happily Never After by Andi Dorfman

This book is so amazing that I read it twice. Andi was on the ABC show “The Bachelor” and then became “The Bachelorette.” This book is basically her personal journal detailing her account of her very bad and very public breakup with the man she became engaged to at the end of her show. But, it didn’t end up working out. She stays at her best friend’s house as she recovers from her 9-month engagement, trying to find herself again, she decides to move her life from Atlanta to New York City. It’s very heartwarming and humorous.

2. Single State of Mind by Andi Dorfman

This is Andi’s second book that just came out this January. I’m currently reading it and I swear it’s even better than the first one. This is another journal account as she starts her new single life in New York City, detailing how she gets back into the dating world. From the traveling adventures with her friends to her juicy dating life, this book is very entertaining. A perfect beach read.

3. You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero

If you’re feeling stuck in a rut or uninspired lately, this book will help you realize how awesome you really are and how to use your strengths to make the best life for yourself.

4. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson

Manson is a popular blogger who sheds light on the fact that not everything in life is going to be positive and happy. He teaches his readers the things to care about in life and what not to, so that you can be more efficient and realistic with your expectations.

5. Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown

This book is chock-full of easy and effective tips for young females to use when getting out into the big bad world. Adulting is hard! And we could use all the advice we can get.

6. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

I remember when the film came out with Julia Roberts as Gilbert. I never saw it nor have I read the book, but the story is based off of Gilbert’s decision to travel in order to find herself. This inspiring journey makes you want to take chances in life, giving you hope that everyone eventually finds their happy ending. Sounds good to me!

7. I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

Malala is the definition of a badass. She was shot by the Taliban for being a girl who wanted an education, yet she survived and became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. She is truly an inspiration for all women who believe in equal rights or want an education.

Hopefully you can pick up at least one of these great books for your spring break getaway.Even if you don’t go on vacation, choose to be a productive couch potato instead of just watching TV. Use your time off this year to get inspired and work towards being the best version of yourself!

Sasha Saliba is a Telecommunications major at the University of Florida, with a concentration in Business. She has hosted multiple tv and news shows in Daytona Beach (her hometown) and in Gainesville, where she currently lives as she attends UF. Her goal is to work as news producer/anchor or be a communications director for a nationally recognized company. She is a self-proclaimed foodie and loves trying new restaurants and bars, as well as traveling. Her favorite magazine to read is Cosmopolitan.
Darcy Schild is a University of Florida junior majoring in journalism. She's the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus UFL and was previously a Her Campus national section editor. She spent Summer 2017 as an Editorial Intern at HC headquarters in Boston, where she oversaw the "How She Got There" section and wrote and edited feature articles and news blogs. She also helped create the weekly Her Campus Instagram Story series, Informed AF. Follow her on Twitter and on her blog, The Darcy Diaries.