This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

If you do not already use skincare products, you should consider getting started with an everyday skincare routine. Even if you have no issues with your skin, skincare is essential to keeping your skin healthy now and in the future. When looking for skincare products, you may notice that there are so many to choose from, which may make you feel overwhelmed. To prevent yourself from feeling overwhelmed, consider which type of skincare products you want to use. There are a lot of skincare products out there that have parabens, fragrances and other substances that you will want to avoid because these can harm your skin. 

Clean skincare products on the other hand ensure no harm is done to your skin and that the products are providing benefits to your skin. Not only should you research the ingredients before you use skincare products, but you should consider using eco-friendly skincare products, as well.

Sustainability is a very important topic right now, so some skincare brands are coming out with eco-friendly products to help ensure no harm comes to the environment. You may be wondering where to find these kinds of products, but don’t worry because this post will show you what clean or eco-friendly skincare products you should try!

Youth to the People

You may think that just taking care of your skin in the morning is enough, but you should actually have a night-time skincare routine, as well. At night, you should be applying an overnight mask like this “Superberry Dream Mask” from Youth to the People. It is an award-winning mask that will make sure your skin gets the proper hydration for a glowing finish by the morning!

Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Mask with Vitamin C ($48 at Sephora)

Drunk Elephant

Retinol cream is a skincare product you may not have thought of, but if you want a product for anti-aging effects this Drunk Elephant retinol cream is the one for you. Even though the early ‘20s seems young, you should start using anti-aging skin care products like this one now to keep your skin looking young and fresh even as you get older. 

A-Passioni Retinol Cream ($74 at Sephora)

Tatcha

Moisturizer is a very important skincare item that you should be using twice a day. It is especially essential if you are prone to dry skin because it can help prevent skin irritation and the development of wrinkles in the future. You should try out this Tatcha moisturizer to get the ultimate hydration for your skin. 

The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer ($68 at Sephora)

Fresh

To wash your face or take your makeup off properly, you should get a face wash with clean ingredients like those in this Fresh face wash. This face wash will make sure you can clean your face and get rid of any of the makeup residues on your face without having to add any chemicals to your skin. 

Soy Makeup Removing Face Wash ($38 at Sephora)

Biossance

Vitamin C adds great benefits to your skin, so you should consider purchasing an all-natural vitamin C oil like this one from Biossance. Not only is this oil all-natural, but it is also eco-friendly!

Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil ($32 at Biossance)

Ole Henriksen

The area around your eyes also needs to have special attention. You should be applying an eye cream every day. Therefore, you should try out this eye cream from Olehenriksen to make sure the skin around your eyes stays healthy. 

Banana Bright Eye Crème ($39 at Sephora)

Farmacy

There are also some great skincare sets that you can purchase that are clean and eco-friendly like this bestseller set from Farmacy. It includes a moisturizer, mask, vitamin c oil and a makeup cleanser that are all free of harsh ingredients and also come in recyclable packaging! This set will make sure you have most of the products that you need for healthy skin. If you are also on a budget, this set is more affordable than having to buy each product separately, which is a plus!

Farmer’s Market Kit Farm-Fresh Skincare Bestsellers ($45 at Sephora)

You should try out these clean and eco-friendly skincare products to ensure that you are using products that are safe for your skin as well as the environment. I hope this helps you find the clean or eco-friendly skincare products that will keep your skin healthy and glowing!

Ashlyn is a student at the University of Florida studying journalism.