This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Why not wear a dress today? Contrary to popular belief, this fashion statement has more pros than cons. If you need more convincing, here are five reasons why dresses should make a more frequent appearance in your wardrobe:

1. They’re easy and cheap A dress is an easy way to throw a great-looking outfit together. It’s only one piece, so after selecting your dress of the day, you’re done! When given the option between struggling into a pair of skinny jeans then finding a shirt and belt to go with it or slipping into a dress, the dress wins every time. More importantly, dresses are cost effective. Buying one article of clothing for $20 or $30 is better than paying $60 for those jeans and a top.

2. They’re versatile Whether you want to dress one up with a statement necklace and sandals or dress it down with a leather jacket and Converse, you will always look amazing. With the help of the right accessories, you can transform the skater dress you wore to class into a Midtown-ready ensemble in no time.

3. They’re cooler This is a major plus for us Florida gals. It’s no secret that the heat in Gainesville is killer, so staying cool is a top priority. Dresses are breezy, literally. They keep you cool and are usually made of light, breathable material. You’ll be thankful you’re not wearing a constricting pair of jeans when you have 15 minutes to make it from Little Hall to Weimer Hall for class.

4. They’re appropriate for any occasion Other than working out and going to the gym, there is no time when a dress isn’t appropriate. Whether you’re going to lunch with the girls, going shopping or having a date night, a dress is always a go-to option.

5. They’re just pretty! It’s as simple as that. Who doesn’t like to look good? Although in this day and age, anyone not wearing yoga pants and a frat tank might feel as though they’re breaking the unwritten social rules, they’re not. Slipping on a dress in the morning will just make you feel put-together, confident and ready to conquer your day.

Though I understand the temptation of throwing on leggings and a T-shirt every morning, dresses are actually 10 times easier and more comfortable. Combat the slight decrease in temperature by adding a light cardigan or scarf. I hope these reasons inspired you to put on a dress this morning, collegiettes™!