3 TED Talks Every Collegiette Should Watch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

I really hope you all of you collegiettes know what a TED Talk is, but if you don’t, allow me to fill you in. TED is a nonprofit dedicated to spreading ideas worth sharing. It is a global set of conferences that started with Technology, Entertainment and Design (TED) but has now spread to most all topics from science to love. There are hundreds of interesting talks, and today I have gathered a few that pertain to collegiettes.

1. “The Key to Successes: Grit” by Angela Lee Duckworth

In college, we are all trying to do our best. We want everything: good grades, a nice bod and a social life. But what does it take to achieve all these things simultaneously? In short, it takes grit. As Duckworth says, “Grit is sticking with your future… for years. Grit is living life like it’s a marathon and not a sprint.” Watch this talk if you need to be reminded that success requires patience.

2. “Find Your Primal Posture and Sit Without Back Pain” by Esther Gokhale

If you’re anything like me, your back probably hurts after studying for a while in the library. If you want to skip the history behind why this sitting technique is valid, just go to the part where Gokhale demonstrates how to sit (hint: it’s at 4:25). Take care of your spines, people!

3. “What You Didn’t Know About Coffee” by Asher Yaron

Many collegiettes practically run on coffee. Whether you prefer Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, Maude’s or Karma Cream, we’re all guilty of relying on it. If you are at all interested in coffee or how to make the best coffee of your life, check out this very interesting talk! The talk also takes place in Bali, so that’s pretty neat.

I find TED Talks to be especially relevant after I attended UF’s very own TEDxUF conference last weekend. If you want to get involved or attend next year’s event, go to tedxuf.com. TED is a reminder to us that there are always new things to learn, new perspectives to take and new boundaries to be explored. I hope you explore your creative and intellectual boundaries during your time here at UF.