10 Easy To-Go Snacks For The Busy Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UFL chapter.

Being in college most likely means you’re always on the go, whether you are going from class to class or trying to schedule in all your extra activities. Having a busy schedule is overwhelming so you should not have to worry about when you are going to have time to eat a quick snack. Here are some easy to-go snacks I make first thing in the morning!

1. Nutella and Banana Toast

If you are looking for a snack that is super filling and sweet, try Nutella and banana toast! I usually toast my bread for two minutes so it is not too crispy, then I spread a thin layer of Nutella over the toast and add five to seven slices of banana on top. I never get sick of this snack, and it usually keeps me feeling full until I have time to go grab dinner.

2. Deli Roll-ups

When you are not in the mood for a sandwich but still crave some protein, I recommend making some easy deli roll-ups. I usually take turkey slices, Swiss cheese and lettuce for my roll-ups with some honey mustard to dip on the side. This is a great snack if you are trying to stay away from carbs, such as bread and pasta.

3. Toast with Hummus and Tomatoes

Take a slice of wheat bread or a bagel. Toast for two minutes, spread a layer of hummus and place a thin slice of tomato on top. I love making this snack because hummus is filled with iron from the chickpeas and the tomato slices make this snack sweet and delicious.

4. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Since Halloween is coming up, I recommend trying roasted pumpkin seeds as a quick snack. I usually preheat my oven to 300 degrees, spread out the seeds on a big pan with butter and let them roast for 30 minutes. When the seeds are cooling, I sprinkle some salt on them. This option is a lot healthier than eating a bag of chips.

5. Toast with Hummus and Tomatoes

Take a slice of wheat bread or a bagel. Toast for two minutes, spread a layer of hummus and place a thin slice of tomato on top. I love making this snack because hummus is filled with iron from the chickpeas, and the tomato slices make this snack sweet and delicious.

6. Apples and Almond Butter

Apple slices are the most portable snack for me because I just cut a few slices, put them in a Ziploc bag and place a spoonful of almond butter in a small Tupperware container, that way I can easily pull out this snack when I’m studying at the library.

7. Greek Yogurt with Trail Mix

Make your own trail mix with peanuts, almonds, dried cranberries, cashews and walnuts. I usually buy Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt because it is creamy and not as tart compared to other Greek yogurt companies. Placing your trail mix and yogurt into a mason jar is a great way to take in on the go or to place in the fridge for later.

8. Quaker Instant Oatmeal

The oatmeal is already in a portable cup, so all you do is fill it up with milk or water and microwave for two minutes. My favorite flavor would be Apples and Cinnamon. After microwaving, it is easy to just take your cup and eat it on your way to class.

9. Cheese Sticks and Crackers

Publix mozzarella string cheese is the best because it is filled with calcium, and it comes individually prepackaged so it is easy to take on the go. Ritz crackers are my go-to with string cheese, but sometimes I switch for pita chips instead.

10. Ants on a Log

Ants on a log is one of my favorite snacks since I was in elementary school. All you need is celery, peanut butter and raisins. It is super easy and fun to make. The combination of the sweetness from the raisins, the creamy peanut butter, and light celery makes a great snack.

Try these easy to make snack options when you are running low on time!