Greg James’ Big Announcement on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UEA chapter.

This is without question the best thing to ever happen in the UEA library. When tonnes of students sat down to their silent work on January 23rd, they certainly did not expect BBC Radio 1’s Greg James to burst into the library, megaphone in hand, and announce live on air that BBC Radio 1’s Big weekend will be held in Norwich this summer.  

Taylor Swift is the first to be confirmed for May 2015, sparking excitement across campus and a lot of intrigue as to which acts will follow. 

It was a treat having ex UEA student Greg on campus and he even spent the day talking to fans and visiting all his old student ‘haunts’. What a babe – we can’t wait to have you back Greg. 

Jen is a French and International Development student in her final year at University of East Anglia and an aspiring magazine editor. She is an active member of campus social life and when she is not writing future online content or updating her fashion and lifestyle blog, you will find her in Topshop or any cafe that serves tea and cake, reading tonnes of the latest fashion magazines.