This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Meet Mehak Sahota (she/her)! Mehak is from the Bay Area, California. She is a first year in Sixth College and is majoring in Communication. A fun fact about her is that she has had the same friend group since kindergarten. Mehak is super excited to join Her Campus and cannot wait for what’s to come!

What made you join Her Campus?

I love writing and I hope to pursue journalism in my career at some point so I thought Her Campus would be a great place to start!

What are your hobbies?

I love reading and spending time outside! My friends and I love to make charcuterie boards and go on picnics. 

What is your favorite movie or TV show of all time? 

My all-time favorite show is Gossip Girl and my favorite movie is 10 Things I Hate About You! They’re both so iconic and remind me of the early 2000s, which I think was the best period of high school shows and rom-coms. 

What is your dream travel destination? 

Italy and the UK for sure! I’ve been obsessed with the UK for the longest time, mostly because of what I see online and on TV. Italy is just so pretty and I want the experience of real Italian food. 

What are you looking forward to this year? 

Going back to in-person classes! Zoom and online school are not my favorite and I much prefer learning on campus in an environment where I’m surrounded by other students. 

What are your long-term goals?

I hope to do something with journalism or writing in the future as it has always been a passion of mine. Non-fiction writing is what I really envision myself going into. 

Alexa (she/her) is a freshman at UC San Diego majoring in Cognitive Science. She was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. She loves reading, writing, and playing Genshin Impact. Alexa hopes to become a novelist or video game writer in the future.