This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Name: Ann Hutsell

Pronouns: She/ Her

Year: ‘22 

Major/minor: Communications

College: Revelle

Hometown: Uijeongbu, South Korea

Q: What made you join Her Campus?

A: I wanted to get a chance to know more women around campus, as well as start a path for myself as a writer. I also wanted to find a place where I could express myself as a writer and content creator and hone my social skills.   

Q: What are you studying? What field do you want to get into? 

A: I’m currently studying communications (Film at the moment), but my greatest desire is to work as a writer for an entertainment or a video game company.

Q: How has the pandemic changed you in a good way? 

A: The pandemic has given me the opportunity to work on my personal novel projects, and my skills as a writer. It’s allowed me time to delve deeper into studying how other authors write and express their own creativity, as well as discover an abundance of wonderfully written horror novels.

Q: Are there any content ideas you are excited about?

A: I would be very interested in fictional storytelling, as I view this form of entertainment as a way for others to escape the struggles of reality and find a safe place to live in their comfort zone. I would also be interested in developing articles pertaining to video games, especially female gamers and creators.

Q: Any hobbies or interests? 

A: I enjoy long-distance swimming, reading and watching horror/thrillers, and on occasion, cage fighting. I also enjoy playing video games with my friends and going to Disneyland during October to see the Halloween decorations. 

Q: What are some things on your bucket list?

A: Just recently, I was able to go diving with Galapagos sharks, but I would love to go skydiving and ride the world’s most extreme roller coaster.

Q: Who is your role model or celebrity crush?

A: I admire Adam Driver for his roles in Marriage Story and Star Wars. I admire his tenacity to become the very character he portrays in many of his films, and one of my biggest dreams would be meeting him in person.

Q: Where do you want to travel? 

A: I would like to travel back to South Korea or Okinawa, primarily to visit family as well as to see where my partner lived in his youth. I would take great pleasure in relearning my heritage, as well as learning a new culture and perhaps even a new language.   

My name is Aubri. I’m a second year Political Science major at UCSD. I’m from San Diego.