How To Rock Spring Break Styles In SoCal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

As February comes to a close and the Winter blahs are almost over, college kids around the nation are anxiously awaiting Spring Break. Here in sunny San Diego, our Spring Break weather is year-round, but for those of you gals who are desperate for a beach get-away, be sure to follow Her Campus UCSD’s ultimate beach town-style guide to rock the best version of you during quite possibly the best week of the year.

1) Just in case you don’t bring enough clothes on your vacay and are in need of a few extra flowy tops, look no further than the dynamic duo of Brandy Melville and Urban Outfitters located right next to each other in Pacific Beach (at the corner of Mission and Garnet)! The first time I saw that these two shops were right next to each other, I thought I must be in heaven. Pieces you can look for in these stores that are staples here in SoCal are slouchy shirts and floral shorts and skirts.

2) After shopping at Brandy and Urban, you’re just a short walk away from the beach! You’ll definitely want to rock a bikini with bold colors and mix-and-match prints. And don’t forget the sunscreen!

3.) You’ve had your fun day at the beach soaking up the rays, and now it’s time to hit up downtown for a nice night of eating, exploring, and clubbing. The perfect outfit for a night at the Gaslamp District of San Diego would be a bold statement necklace and wedges in a bright and fun spring color paired with a classic black dress. The jewelry and shoes liven up the more reserved dress for a look that shows you’re put-together and confident.

4) After your exciting night out on the town, the next day can be reserved for a relaxing, laid-back time walking along the Mission Beach boardwalk. For an outfit that gives off the carefree, free-spirited, “I-grew-up-in-a-beach-town” look, try tribal prints, lacy shirts, sheer maxis, ripped jean shorts, strappy sandals, round sunglasses, and fedoras!

This is just a glimpse at the culture of San Diego portrayed through its fashion. Spring Break is a time to explore new trends and find your style to prepare for the warmer months to come. I hope these suggestions help guide those explorations! Have a safe and wonderful Spring Break, collegiettes!

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach. 
Taylor is currently a senior at the University of California, at San Diego where she is studying for a BA in Communication Studies. She is the Co-Correspondent of the HC UCSD chapter, and also a member of the lovely Alpha Omicron Pi, Lambda Iota chapter. While she isn't busy reading 50 pages every day for her communication classes, she enjoys reading a plethora of other types of books (especially anything by Malcolm Gladwell!). Other interests include eating Gouda-grilled cheese sandwiches, drinking lots and lots of tea, attending concerts, watching Parks and Recreation, and attempting to buy every beauty product that Ulta and Sephora can offer. She has also been self-proclaimed as Katy Perry's #1 fan #katycat4life.