Her Style: What to Wear to Coachella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.
Coachella is just around the corner, and the stress about what to wear for that perfect Vanessa Hudgens-boho-look begins to emerge. It is quite clear that the outfit you wear is almost, if not, just as important, as the bands that play. Whether you sport lace, embroidery, leather, or fringe, you have to pick your poison.  Create a unique outfit by throwing on some flashy or sweet accessories to seal the deal. Her Campus UCSD takes you through a list of Coachella must-have outfit elements that are sure to make even celebrities give you a double take.

1. Fringe It

You are going to need something to carry your phone, lipstick, and camera in, so why don’t you take this opportunity to add a little flair to your outfit? Fringe bags are perfect for such an occasion. Whether go bold with a bright and loud color, or keep it simple with a tan or black suede, or maybe even add a few fun embellishments, a cute fringe bag is a definite way to keep both your belongings and your outfit safe from destruction.

2. That Perfect Pair

We all have that perfect pair of shoes that we have been dying to get our hands on, but feel extremely guilty about dropping a huge amount of cash on for no reason, right? This can’t just be me. Coachella is obviously the perfect excuse to purchase your dream shoes. As Ellie Goulding would say, what are you waiting for? However, if the heel or wedge is any higher than 2 inches, it is time to put those babies down and walk away…your feet will thank me later.  It’s all about strappy sandals and haute boots.

3. Keep the Sun Away

Keep the sun out of your eyes and look stylish at the same time with a big brim hat. Big brim hats are all the craze right now. Why wouldn’t they be? They are adorable! Pick your desired color, size, and style, as the perfect addition to any boho outfit.

4. Show Some Skin

It’s probably not a surprise to anyone, but a mini crop top that shows a little skin will forever be a Coachella trend, so hopefully your summer bod came a little early. Whether you pick a little halter-top, some lace sewn together that we call a shirt, an off-the-shoulder blouse, or something that resembles a bathing suit top, I promise you it will be a perfect fit for Coachella.

5. All in One

So you don’t feel like going on a hunt to find the perfect bottoms to complete a look?  In that case, a romper is your best option. There are plenty of gorgeous rompers that have a bohemian and laid-back vibe. Add a few dangly, coin resembling accessories, and you are good to go!

6. Take Notice

7. Finishing Touches
To complete your outfit, add some personal touches by picking out a few accessories that showcase your personality. Funky necklaces or bulky bracelets are always a fun way to add some color and pizazz to a plain shirt. Coachella will be sunny, so a pair of stylish sunglasses is a must; cat-eyes, aviators, round lenses or simple wayfarers are all popular trends. If you are feeling extra sweet and girl-next-door, pick out a flower crown made out of your favorite flowers.

Have fun and stay safe collegiettes!

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.