Collegiette Recipes: Banana Berry Clean Crepes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Hello, collegiettes!

Today, HC will introduce you to a recipe that is sure to please you and whoever you’re cooking for! It’s healthy, delicious, and very satisfying- not to mention, its ingredients can easily be purchased within a college girl’s budget! This recipe offers a healthy version of the French classic, crepes, and is a recipe that won’t make you feel guilty. These crepes are delicious and nutritious; what more could you ask for?

So, here’s what you need:

-1 egg

-1 tsp. of cinnamon

-1 banana

-1/3 cup of oatmeal

-1/4 of milk (the kind of milk is up to you, we prefer almond or vanilla soy)

– a handful of berries of your choice

Here’s what you’ll need to do:

1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a blender until they have become a fine powder.

2. Add half a ripe banana and an egg (or two egg whites, depending on your preference!), along with milk. Blend all the ingredients together.

3. Pour a thin layer of the batter into a pan on medium low heat.

4. When you see bubbles forming in the batter, flip the crepes!

5. Once the crepes are fully cooked on both sides, you are set! Enjoy your crepes by adding berries or other toppings. We like to add Greek yogurt and honey; these ingredients are sweet and packed with protein. They make the crepes perfect! If you’re feeling like you have a real sweet tooth, add some Nutella and bananas. So delish!

Yum!

This recipe is very low in calories, but is hearty enough to satisfy your hunger and give you energy throughout your day. We found this recipe on www.blogilates.com, which happens to be one of our favorite food and fitness blogs. Have a wonderful day, collegiettes, and get cooking!