This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Name: Quynh Tran

Major: Economics

Year: Junior 

Describe your style in 3 words.

Spring-inspired, relaxed, versatile

Describe what you’re wearing.

I’m wearing a floral kimono with lace trimming that I got from Forever 21 paired with a cream-colored lace top also from Forever 21. My washed out high-waisted shorts are from Papers & Peonies, which is a cute little boutique located in Fountain Valley. It’s difficult for me to find high-waisted shorts that fit me correctly; this place has a great selection of trendy clothes, and their sizes run a little smaller, which works out great. Lastly, my cognac lace-up boots are from Cathy Jean! Their footwear is always on sale and they carry a lot of cute styles so you can never go wrong there!

What are your favorite spring essentials?

My favorite spring essential is going to have to be a lightweight cardigan like the one I am wearing, preferably with a nice print. During the spring time, it gets hot outside and it’s always nice to have a cardigan on you that won’t make you sweat but will shield you from the sun. I also get cold easily, especially in lecture halls, so I prefer to have a cardigan with me just in case.

Where do you most like to shop?

My go-to place would most likely be Forever 21, since they’re always getting new styles and although the store may be overwhelming at first due to the size of the store, you’re always guaranteed to find something you like in there. I also enjoy going to Urban Outfitters and Brandy Melville, especially after payday.

Is there any clothing/accessory item you are just itching to get right now?

There isn’t a specific item that I’m dying to add to my closet at the moment, but I am definitely looking for more comfortable clothes that I can wear out without looking like I just rolled out of bed. Sometimes it’s hard to motivate yourself to dress up in the morning, so having more casual clothes would make life a lot easier.

Where/from whom do you get inspiration for your outfits?

I get my inspiration from anything I see in my daily life that catches my eye. I don’t go anywhere specific to look for it. Sometimes I’ll see a girl wearing a super cute outfit while I’m out and I’ll make a mental note of it. Sometimes it would be from a picture that I come across on the internet, and at times it would be from my friends.

What’s one thing you can’t live without?

The one thing I wouldn’t be able to live without is my laptop. My whole life is on my laptop so without it, I wouldn’t be able to function properly!

Lastly, what are you craving right now?

It is 11:30 pm right now, and I’m craving Starbucks, but I’m afraid that if I drink coffee now I won’t be able to sleep…and it’s also too far and I’m too lazy.