This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

Name: Lucky Nguyen

Major: Computer Science

Year: Sophomore 

Describe your style in three words.

I don’t think I could. My style is totally dependent on how I just feel that day, honestly! So if I’m feeling girly, I’d wear a floral dress and wedges, and if I’m feeling edgy, I’d wear acropped mesh tank, studded leather shorts, and my favorite combat boots! I also have a closet full of random clothes, so I usually just pair a lot of pieces together depending on what I think looks good. I’m not sure if there’s a style for that, but if I had to describe it I guess I would say, “It’s very—everywhere!”

What is your go to outfit?

Lately, whenever I feel lazy but I still want to look nice, I slip on my yellow floral dress and a white oversized cardigan, a pair of brown ankle boots, and accessorize the entire outfit with a waist belt and a gold necklace. Not only is it comfy and effortless, it’s still trendy!

Describe what you’re wearing.

I’m wearing an H&M black and white floral kimono over a simple black tank from my mom and white crochet shorts also from H&M. I tied the whole outfit together with a Forever 21 necklace and my favorite brown ankle shoes from Cathy Jean.

What are your favorite spring essentials?

Crochet anything! They’re super comfy, girly, and warm for spring days. Cropped shirts are a must, as well. I love how they show a sexy but shy amount of skin and almost always look good with any kind of bottoms.

What are your favorite places to shop?

H&M, Tobi.com, Charlotte Russe, Fashion Q, and basically any places that carry extra small because I am so tiny! If I can, I try to find something cute and fitting at Forever 21, as well, but they don’t really carry extra small that much, sadly. I’m also pretty cheap, so I always like to pop some tags at the thrift store!

Who are your fashion icons?

I don’t have a single fashion icon. If I need some inspiration, I usually look through lookbook.nu!

Where do you get inspiration for your style?

I’m petite, so it’s pretty hard to rock certain trendy outfits like maxi dresses (they’re so hard to find the right length) and high knee socks and shorts (that just makes my legs look freaking stubby!), so I guess my style developed through trial and error from trying on a lot of clothes. Right now, I find high-waisted shorts and crop shirts flattering to my body. It’s also a good thing it’s so in style right now, too, because I can always depend on stores to always carry these items now.

What is a fashion piece you can’t love without?

Shorts! Whether they’re high-waisted, low risers, distressed, faded, studded…I just love them all.

What item have you wanted to add to your closet?

I’m obsessed with off-the-shoulder items, and even though this question says 1 item, I just have to say I’m having a growing attraction to summer hats, kimonos, and wedges.

What do you plan on wearing this summer?

A lot of shorts!

Lastly, tell us a random fact about yourself!

I’m really lazy when it comes to folding and organizing my clothes, so I never end up wearing matching socks!