This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

To know Emmanuel Elijah is to love him. His attitude, politeness, and athletic physique are sure to grab anyone’s undivided attention. Emmanuel is currently a Sophomore from Revelle College. Aside from his studies in Molecular Biology he is a busy athlete on the UCSD Track and Field team. Although Emmanuel remains humbled, his speedy race times speak for themselves. Emmanuel runs the 100 (10.86 sec) and 200 meter (22.2) sprint races. Emmanuel Elijah is the type of person that can handle many tasks and execute each one gracefully. His natural optimism, dedication and love of life inspired me to highlight him as this week’s Campus Celebrity.

Q: Where are you originally from?

A: Manteca, California. 

Q: What are your goals for this Track season?

A: I hope to accomplish a 10.6-10.7 in the 100 meters and a 21.7 in the 200m and also to score at podium at the Conference meet. 

Q: What do you study?

A: I major in Molecular Biology and might minor in Psychology.

Q: What’s your dream job?

A: My dream job is to be an Orthopedic Surgeon.

Q: What is your favorite quote?

A: “If we live for the acceptance of others, we’ll die from their rejection.” –Lecrae

Q: How do you relax after a busy day?

A: I like to play basketball or just listen to music and reflect. 

Q: Can you describe your perfect weekend?

A: It would include waking up without an alarm but not waking up too late so that I haven’t wasted any of the day. Then it would include just hanging out and messing with friends and doing stupid stuff together like the show Impractical Jokers. Then I’d go to the Cheesecake Factory so that I could eat all the cheesecake I want and then maybe buy some shoes, watch a movie and just have a chill night.

Jasmine is currently a senior at the University of California, San Diego. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and a minor in Education Studies. Jasmine is the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UCSD, along with the amazing Taylor Zepeda. Jasmine spends most of her time volunteering at low socioeconomic status elementary schools across the San Diego county and grading papers for classes she is a Teacher's Assistant in. Novel wise, she is an avid fan of Edith Wharton and the Lord of the Rings series. She also loves comedic shows like New Girl and The Big Bang Theory, but also enjoys thrillers like Criminal Minds. One of Jasmine's favorite hobbies is trying foods of different cultures; she loves visiting cultural nights and community festivals. Above all, Jasmine worships Beyonce (a.k.a. Beysus, Queen Bee, Baeyonce, etc). Her future aspiration in life is to become the Secretary of Education and have the Hov and B over for dinners.