Aimee Bender: an Inspiration for the Novelists in Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSD chapter.

We’re so proud to have Aimee Bender as our featured celebrity for this week! Bender is an undergraduate almuna of UCSD, is an inspiration for all of our aspiring novelists and writers on our staff, and should definitely be an inspiration for you as well. A short story author and novelist, she is known for her surreal plots and characters. She never stopped pursuing her passion for writing and literature – she is now a creative writing professor at the University of Southern California and the director of the creative writing PhD program there. We believe she is escpecially note-worthy because she truly believes in following her passions and inspiring others to have the same passions. Bender reminds us that we should always do what we love to do, and that a passion can turn into a lifelong and rewarding career. 

Rebecca is a second year student majoring in Cognitive Science. Her goal is to either be involved in Alzheimer's research or be a child psychologist. She helped plan recruitment for her sorority this year and enjoys soaking up the sun at the beach.