This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

‘Tis the season for turkey-induced naps and the annual “so, are you dating anyone” question your relatives ask you. That’s right, it’s Thanksgiving season! But before you feast on the joys of turkey day, remember that there’s another way to feel even more #blessed this season: celebrating Friendsgiving.

Friendsgiving gives you the chance to test out a new recipe, get festive, and spend quality time with your friends. It’s the perfect pre-game to your family festivities! Here are some ways to have a Friendsgiving to remember this year. 

Go all out. Try out that new pie recipe you found online, make that tassel garland, and set the table a la Martha Stewart. You don’t have to be a master chef to contribute to a delicious meal. With more than 500k saved Friendsgiving pins on Pinterest, the possibilities are endless! 

Image via. Piesbeforeguys

Share the wealth. While it’s fun to fully dive into the holiday spirit, college budgets can get in the way. Luckily, you can keep it trendy while still being affordable. Make it a potluck and have your friends each bring a savory or sweet dish. You can also get inspiration from any unused spices or ingredients in your pantry. Feeling like you want to amp up the decor but don’t have the pocket change to do it? Keep it simple and go for the minimalist look. 

Image via. Inspired by this 

Make it picture perfect. There’s nothing like the gram to show off your fab Friendsgiving soiree. Make a cute backdrop (maybe that tassel garland) and pull out some fun costumes. If you have a Polaroid camera, you can give away photos as a party favor. Don’t forget the #blessed caption or feel free to try out any of these fun Friendsgiving puns.

Image via. Urban Outfitters

Give thanks. At the end of the day, it’s the thought that counts. Friendsgiving is fun because you can keep it simple and still spend quality time with your college squad before going home for the holiday. Go around the table and say what you’re thankful for. While we all love a DIY queen, what really matters are the memories you make. 

Image via. People

Catalina Fernandez is a senior at UC Santa Barbara, double majoring in Communication and Film/ Media Studies and minoring in Professional Multimedia Writing. Born in Buenos Aires, Argentina and raised in Orange County, California, her creative work focuses on personal identity, feminism, and minority representation. As a Campus Correspondent, she is working to expand on her voice as a content creator and leader for a career in entertainment media. See what Catalina is up to on Instagram @catalina_fernandez!