What’s Wrong with Chipotle?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Chipotle Mexican Grill has shocked the country with the news of E-coli being linked to their food. This kind of bacteria is found in intestines of humans and animals and can cause kidney failures, bloody diarrhea, or intense vomiting. This outbreak has reportedly sickened 41 people, but has not caused any deaths. Washington and Oregon are the only two locations where the Chipotle restaurants have closed down due to the 35 E-coli cases that occurred there. The restaurant chain has temporarily closed about 43 restaurants in both states while they investigate where it originated from.

As a Chipotle lover, I can’t help but think what would happen if it OFFICIALLY closed down! Here’s a short list of the things we would miss if it discontinued to exist:

1. GUAC!

Let’s be honest, when the cashier asks us that one question when we want guac (“It’s going to be extra, is that ok?”), we don’t hesitate to say, “Of course, that’s totally fine!” Its’ creamy rich flavor is what makes us feel like we have entered the gates of guac heaven! it’s totally worth paying for because some workers are generous enough to put 2 scoops of guac.

2. Chips & Salsa

Mild, hot, medium, corn… so many options! The salsas here is what gives Chipotle its unique and spicy flavor. 

3. The inspiring quotes

I doubt I’m the only one that reads the uplifting/ inspiring quotes that are writen on the bags before digging in and eating! Sometimes they have cute interesting stories!

Fashion, writing, and dogs are my passions. I'm a Communications major, hoping to work for fashion PR someday. Oh, and I'm totally in love with Zac Efron!
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.