What’s Up With The Chris Lorenzo X UCSB Collab?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Ever heard, “All the leaves are brown, and the sky is gray” accompanied by a house beat? Have you ever wanted to hear it in person? Well, you may have a chance to! Coming today, April 29th, Chris Lorenzo will be performing at UCSB! Still unsure of who Chris Lorenzo is? Well, he is a DJ who has revolutionized the “dayging” community here at UCSB!

Raves, dayges, and other parties are much alike in the sense that everyone is together dancing to EDM music and having a great time, so why not have Chris Lorenzo perform here and keep these good vibes going for spring? Electronic dance music (EDM) and all of its subgenres have been becoming more popularized in recent years due to the rise in the rave community. Ravers go by the simple rule, “PLUR,”meaning peace, love, unity, and respect. Are those not the same morals we strive for here at UCSB?

Chris Lorenzo’s PR team and UCSB’s Up and Up festivals have collaborated to bring him here to perform some of his music for us UCSB students. The Up and Up festivals team alongside Lorenzo hosted a competition between schools in America for who could buy the most pre-sale tickets to a Chris Lorenzo concert. The top five schools would get Lorenzo to play at a venue in their community. Luckily for UCSB, we were at the top of the roster, coming in at first place! The rest of the winners go in the following order: Clemson, Arizona State, UCSC, San Jose State, and Indiana.

This may seem unfair, but actually the schools that lost got refunded for their pre-sale tickets. Unfortunately, since the competition is over, there are no more remaining presale tickets, but you might be in luck. Up and Up festivals posted that once the venue was decided and they knew how many people it would be able to fit, a remaining amount of tickets were to be up for sale. For many, the fantasy of dancing to Chris Lorenzo unfortunately will not become reality because there are a limited number of tickets that will be left for sale due to such a small venue.

The performance is to be held at Greek fraternity, Alpha Tau Omega’s chapter house. With a fraternity chapter house as the venue, students have many concerns such as not getting a ticket, security issues, usage of drugs, and other safety issues. Here is what some of the students have to say about their concerns: 

“I am so sad that I didn’t get a ticket. Honestly, I’m mostly bummed that people who do have tickets don’t have the same passion that I do about his music.” 

“The venue is trash because now it just feels like another frat event.” 

“I’m kinda nervous because since it is open to all of UCSB, there will definitely be some people whacked out on drugs and I personally don’t want to have to deal with that.” 

“People are definitely going to try to hop the fence and gates or whatever set up there is and make it ten times more crowded and rowdy.”

“There better be security there because I could easily see it getting out of control, knowing how excited people get about house music.” 

On a lighter note, here is what some of the students who did get tickets have to say: 

“Is there security? I don’t even know. I’m not worried about it at all, I’m only worried about having a good time!”

“My outfit is already picked out—as well as my tequila. I am just so ready for a great performance… maybe I will even get the chance to meet him!”

“I have seen him perform before and it was amazing. I am so happy I bought my ticket for presale because I know all of my friends are having a hard time finding tickets right now and they are super sad about it.”

“I am so hyped. I love Chris Lorenzo, I love UCSB, I love my friends, it’s going to be electric!” 

Those of you with tickets, I hope you are excited to flick your hands and “unce-unce” on later today. For those of you who don’t, hopefully new tickets come out soon. Stay posted on UCSB Up and Up festival’s instagram to see if anymore tickets go on sale. Overall, the students are excited to see Chris Lorenzo despite the potential consequences that have surfaced. Chris Lorenzo outweighs the concerns for the students here at UCSB. Stay safe and have a blast!

Hey, my name is Grace and I am a Communications major here at UCSB. I love to go on long walks and hikes, listening to music, and hanging out with my friends!