What Happened, Hollywood?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

It is time to do a roundtable on what has been going on in the small circle we like to call, Hollywood. Let’s get started!

Taylor Swift is Performing at The Grammy’s!

Yep, you heard right. Tay-tay never fails her fans whenever she’s up on that stage. We’re still waiting for her and Calvin Harris to do some type of colab together but that’s none of our business… *sips tea*

New Harry Potter Book?

On July 31st, 2016 J.K. Rowling is releasing the 8th book of the Harry Potter series called: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Now, Harry is the dad guiding his own son through the world of Wizardry! Get ready for the storm to hit all of Barnes & Nobles this summer.

Gwen Stefani’s New Album!?

Gwen just posted on her Insta a sneak peek of her songs for her new album and they are nothing short of… well… feels. Read for yourself and emotionally prepare yourself for her new album.

A School for Rich Kids… to Teach Them “Rich Kid Stuff”?

You all know Kim Kardashian’s leecher of a best friend, Jonathan Cheban. Well he just confirmed he’ll be opening up an elite academy (for rich kids) at the International School of New York. This is going to be a pop-culture program where he is going to be the “Dean of Pop-Culture”. What are these students going to learn? According to Jonathan in an interview with New You Magazine, Wealthy kids from all over the world will learn things about private aviation, social media, quality of diamonds, types of caviar, mixed in with economics and other fundamental undergrad and grad classes. This is the social stuff you need to know to survive in a city like this with a lot of money.” *Cue Donald Trumps “I started off with a small loan of $1 million”*

This pop-culture program could be great, new, and fresh for those wanting to work in the entertainment industry but it seems as though he wants to create some sort of elite-wealthy-student club… it can go both ways here and we’ll just have to wait and see.

Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats. 
 University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus