UCSB Unofficial Dorm Check List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Santa Catalina Hall at UC Santa Barbara

Bed, Bath & Beyond won’t tell you to bring these items to college, but that’s what Her Campus is for! HC is like an all-knowing, older sister, here to help you prepare yourself for some of the best years of your life.

1. Shot glasses
    Get single shot glasses that you can recognize–they might get mixed up with your suite-mates’.
  1. An extra blanket or two
    Someone, some time will want to sleep on your floor. Get ready for all of the old friends that will resurface around Halloween weekend!
  1. Plastic bags or shower caps
    In the 10 days that it rains in Santa Barbara, your bike seat will get soaked. Instead of walking to class with a wet back side, prepare yourself and cover up that seat!
  1. Mini Steamer
    Nobody likes a wrinkled dress! A mini steamer is faster than an iron; and you can get one for under $20.
  1. Bulk Sports Drinks
    They’re delicious and serve a double purpose for collegiettes–chaser and eraser! The electrolytes in Gatorade and Powerade help to hydrate your poor body after a night out. 

These are just a few items we wish we’d been told about before coming to SB. Check out the other helpful lists like this one that can help you pack and prepare for the fall! 

University of California, Santa Barbara chapter of Her Campus