The Struggles of Forgetting Where You Parked Your Bike

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

Forgetting where you parked your bike is no joke. Is it at the HSSB? Oh wait no maybe it’s at the Rec Cen?…hmmm…

1. When you realize it’s not where you thought you parked it

2. When you had timed your commute perfectly

3. When you knew exactly how long it would take to get ready, eat breakfast, and bike to class

4. When you don’t have it for your 8am and you’re to groggy to get to class

5. So you go back to sleep

6. Being in desperate need of a Find My Bike app

7. Finding a bike that is “technically” yours and then realizing it’s not when your ulock combo doesn’t work

8. Having to walk from campus to IV Theatre

9. And then having to give the bikers the right of way

10. Which then makes you late to class

11. Then having to awkwardly climb over people to find a seat in class

12. Questioning your sanity 

But then…That amazing moment when you find your bike 

Sarah is a first-year student studying Communication and Art at UCSB. She is a breakfast food enthusiast and lover of animated movies and the outdoors. If you can’t find her at the beach, find her on Instagram @sorendipity
Kirby is a recent graduate from UCSB currently living in Los Angeles. As a proud Her Campus UCSB alum, she's happy to be back on the HC team covering one of her fave shows: "The Mindy Project." On any given day you can find her with her nose in a book (let's be real - it's a Kindle). In her free time, she likes petting dogs, binge-watching TV, and eating a lot of food. Find her on Instagram: @kirbynicoleb or @GirlBossEats.