Style > Beauty

Power Brows: The Hottest Trend in Beauty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCSB chapter.

I love makeup. I always have and I always will. There’s no better feeling than sitting in front of your bathroom mirror perfecting an impeccable smoky eye and bold lip while getting ready for a night out on the town. As I’ve honed my makeup application skills over the years, I recently discovered that I have been neglecting one of the most important features on my face: my eyebrows. As I flipped through the dozens of pictures on my iPhone after a great night out I realized that in most of my pictures I looked like the freakin’ Mona Lisa: eyebrowless and you know, kinda creepy.  I decided it was time for a change and went to Sephora for advice. I mean, really, who wants to look like the Mona Lisa if you can look like Cara Delevingne, the most badass Victoria’s Secret angel ever? As I fearfully approached a sales associate at Sephora about my lack of beautiful, full brows, she grabbed my by the hand and led me to some of the most amazing products that would help me create the PERFECT power brow. She was my very own angel, sent to me from the makeup gods of Sephora. So now, I present to you, a great list of products to bring out your inner Cara Delevingne!

Anastasia Beverly Hills: Brow Wiz $21

Anastasia Beverly Hills: Brow Powder Duo $23

Benefit Cosmetics: Brow Zings $30

Dior: Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil $29

Sephora Collection: Classic Brow Filler Brush #100 $10

There are so many different products out there for every price range, but these products are the holy grail of power brow shaping. Congrats, and welcome to the world of power brows!

I am a senior Film and Media Studies major and artist who plans to write professionally one day. I hope to one day be able to inspire others through my work!